Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: New to Mac!

Thanks

Default New to Mac!
    Been around the site for a couple of years, and a member for a couple of months. I'm proficient with my iPhone(s) and Windows machines. I picked up a PowerMac G5 yesterday for $400. It's 2.5Ghz dual core, 3Gbs of ram, 160Gb hd and OS X Tiger 10.4.11 installed. Good deal?

Anyways, any suggestions on where to go for some good info? I mean, I can't even open a new tab! I'm NEW!
    iPhone 4 to Android directly back to iPhone 4. I learned my lesson and will never leave iOS again.

Livin the iPhone Life BenderRodriguez's Avatar
    Thanks

If you know quick keys like control C to copy, just realize that all of these shortcuts are the same but instead it's the Command(Apple) key and C, so new tab is command T, new window is command w

the best thing about Mac is when you have a program running say Safari and you click on help in the menu bar a Search panels drops down, type something like new window and point your mouse on what appears cool Hugh it shows you where it is in the file system and you can click it from the search area instead of going to look for it, this is true with almost every Mac program one of the best features

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ShredNasty View Post
    Been around the site for a couple of years, and a member for a couple of months. I'm proficient with my iPhone(s) and Windows machines. I picked up a PowerMac G5 yesterday for $400. It's 2.5Ghz dual core, 3Gbs of ram, 160Gb hd and OS X Tiger 10.4.11 installed. Good deal?

Anyways, any suggestions on where to go for some good info? I mean, I can't even open a new tab! I'm NEW!
    PowerPC?! Those are old and newer applications only support Intel Macs!
    Asking for help is different from being stupid. Fanboys can rot in @#$%!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by awesomeSlayer View Post
    PowerPC?! Those are old and newer applications only support Intel Macs!
    Yeah, I really wanted a Mac though and didn't wanna pay out the a*s for my first one. My next one will probably be a MacBook Pro. Besides, all I will use it for is iTunes, downloading music and movies and light browsing. I'm not a power user. They may be old, but spec wise, they are still beasts.
    iPhone 4 to Android directly back to iPhone 4. I learned my lesson and will never leave iOS again.