Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.
Thread: PowerBook G4
08-15-2012, 02:25 PM #1PowerBook G4
I just got an old PowerBook G4
The seller left all his personal data and forgot his password. He was kind enough to include a SnowLeapord install disc but it says it is for Intell computers. Is there a hack or a tweek to get around this and force install SnowLeapord on this PowerBook?
08-15-2012, 08:49 PM #2
* Insert the Mac OS X DVD into your Mac’s DVD drive
* Restart the Mac and hold down the ‘C’ key to boot from the DVD
* You’ll see a language selection screen, select your language (English) and continue
* Navigate to the ‘Utilities’ menu, select “Reset Password”
* Select the Mac OS X boot drive
* Select the original user account (not the root user!) and choose a new password
* Reboot as usual
* Your Mac administrator password is now reset!
Reset your lost Mac OS X passwordUntil the next time… And if I help you out, give me a "Thanks!" Thanks!
08-15-2012, 09:24 PM #3
Yea but you would still want to do a wipe and make your own. Never know what they had on there.
But sadly Leopard is the highest you can go for the OS.
Last edited by Cer0; 08-15-2012 at 09:28 PM.
08-15-2012, 10:22 PM #4
Flip, I totally overlooked the fact it's a PowerPC. That was daft.Until the next time… And if I help you out, give me a "Thanks!" Thanks!
08-16-2012, 09:00 AM #5
Hey Thanks for tellin me how to boot from DVD drive, I ordered 10.3 off eBay I'll restore it to the factory OS and work from there
08-16-2012, 10:23 AM #6
08-16-2012, 11:39 PM #7
Good Luck. You got a good machine right there too. It may be old but still makes a decent little machine for normal daily usage.