Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Should i Buy an Apple iBook G4?

Quote Originally Posted by Caleb_Soccer_Star View Post
    Thanks; im looking for a mac though(=
    Found a good Macbook for around $400.
    Well there you go.

Just stock up on the Magsafe adapters! Mine just frayed completely (third one too). Luckily eBay replacements are dirt cheap.

Lovely

Not

What's Jailbreak? Thejoshman117's Avatar
    Thanks

Default Just bought one myself
    Hi there, I just made the switch to mac, I bought an iBook G4 a couple weeks ago for $200. Its the 14" 1.42Ghz model with 1.5GB of RAM, 60GB HDD (upgrading to either 250GB or 320GB soon). I honestly was a little bit scared of buying it since i'm used to my windows gaming rig but I am in love with it, the mac OS is just so damn efficient that it runs like it has a CPU twice as powerful as a 1.42Ghz. After being on that dell you'll be pleasantly surprised. As for youtube being choppy, you can optimize the settings to make it run fairly well, if you want more info hit me back.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Yeah, these little machines are quite good.

I have a 12" G4 (1.25GHz) running Leopard..and it is quite fast. I have never had to wait for loading times at all. I also have a quad core desktop (PC) that sometimes gives me headaches. But the little G4 is quite a great little machine. My daughter uses it for homework and music (word/internet/itunes) It has never failed on her.

We also have never had any problems with Youtube being choppy. I guess some people are more gifted at finding solutions than others.

C.

I guess more people are willing to buy ancient, unsupported hardware because they're poor.

Lovely

Not

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by GIRLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL View Post
    I guess more people are willing to buy ancient, unsupported hardware because they're poor.
    Wow.
    It's not so much that, it's just that some people don't want to pay an arm and a leg for a laptop or maybe have other expenses that limit how much they can dish out. I wouldn't say I'm poor but I don't want to pay $1200+ for a MacBook Air when I can get something similar (as far as OS goes - minus all the whistles and bells) for A LOT less. Some people would rather save the money and spruce up an older model and make the hardware and software up-to-date.

Saying that people are wiling to buy 'ancient and unsupported hardware' rather than buy a shiny new on is like saying everyones not running out to buy the newest Ford Mustang. I'm sure a lot of people can afford it but would rather keep their old/current vehicle and spend expense elsewhere.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lecram25 View Post
    Nothing is for free.

That's not why I said that. I wasn't 100% serious. No one should buy an iBook-Anything period. Macbook air has nothing to do with this. You can get a used C2D for 499

Lovely

Not

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12