+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: LS aniweather HD-How to translate to English, please HELP!

is a discussion within the

Other Methods

forums, a part of the

Jailbreak / Downgrading / Upgrading

section;
Hi, i just recently installed the aniweather wallpaper from cydia and cannot figure out how to make it english! im pretty sure i got the location correct but cant totally
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default LS aniweather HD-How to translate to English, please HELP!
    Hi, i just recently installed the aniweather wallpaper from cydia and cannot figure out how to make it english! im pretty sure i got the location correct but cant totally tell because its not in English if anyone uses this and knows how to do a complete setup on it PLEASE help! Thank you!!!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Edit the JScript file named "translation" found in folder-LS AniWeather.theme\Private
    I have a zip of it already on skydrive https://skydrive.live.com/redir?resi...728031B22C!938

Good luck!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Can someone help to tell me how to edit the 'translation' file to English? Thanks!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

The process of making this tweak English is actually quite complicated. You WILL have to edit the "LockBackground.html" file. I used OpenSSH and WinSCP to make it easier, but iFile should work just as well. After opening "LockBackground.html" to edit it, search/find "var LanTranslate = Italian". Obviously, remove "Italian" and input "English" in it's place. I'm not sure if it is necessary, but I went ahead and searched for any variables that were in Italian and replaced them with English terms: for example, the days of the week and month of the year. Good luck and hope this helps. <--- that was me a few weeks ago trying to figure this out ...

Last edited by peterletran; 02-27-2013 at 03:06 AM.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to peterletran For This Useful Post:

ImBigmOOse (08-04-2013)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Lightbulb Solution !!!
    The process of making this tweak English is actually quite complicated. You WILL have to edit the "LockBackground.html" file. I used OpenSSH and WinSCP to make it easier, but iFile should work just as well. After opening "LockBackground.html" to edit it, search/find "var LanTranslate = Italian". Obviously, remove "Italian" and input "English" in it's place. I'm not sure if it is necessary, but I went ahead and searched for any variables that were in Italian and replaced them with English terms: for example, the days of the week and month of the year. Good luck and hope this helps.

<--- that was me a few weeks ago trying to figure this out ...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails LS aniweather HD-How to translate to English, please HELP!-step1.jpg   LS aniweather HD-How to translate to English, please HELP!-step2.jpg   LS aniweather HD-How to translate to English, please HELP!-step3.jpg   LS aniweather HD-How to translate to English, please HELP!-step4.jpg  

7. The Following User Says Thank You to peterletran For This Useful Post:

ImBigmOOse (08-04-2013)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Thanks for the tip! I followed what you did and finally switched it to English! Now I need to figure how to correct month. For some reason, the month came up double. For example, today is 27 Feb but the date reflected is Feb, Mar 27.

Thanks

Great looking lock screen followed directions above and was able to convert everything to English, thank you. Is there a way to change to 12 hours instead of 24 and remove the seconds and instead add AM or PM?
    Last edited by ImBigmOOse; 08-04-2013 at 01:50 PM.