Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: weird absinthe probs

Green Apple
    Thanks
    Default weird absinthe probs
    I posted this in another area but didn't get much traction, so I thought I'd try a new post here.

I need a little help here. I just jailbroke my iPhone 4g 5.1.1 using absinthe. All went well and I can access Cydia fine. I've even downloaded several apps from there, including mywi which remembered all my previous settings. BUT I can't get winterboard, five icon dock, and others to work. They download and show up on my device, and I can run them and make changes to them (ie choose different themes for winterboard), but nothing "takes". I can't use 5 icon dock, or nonewsisgoodnews, etc. Did I miss something?

Thanks in advance,
    dbl

Green Apple
    Thanks
    Not sure if my problems are related but.....
    I installed 5 icon dock, NCdate, NCsettings, winterboard and my phone ran like crap. Froze all the time, became completely unusable.
    I uninstalled 5 icon dock, NC date, NC settings and installed SBsettings (to replace the latter) now it works fine.
    I'm not sure which app was causing my problem, but I ruled out winterboard.

iPhone 4 5.1.1 (9B208)

For me, i never know the 5 icon dock u said, i just use infinidock. and it works just fine. winterboard, i haven't tested on a 4. but 3gs with absinthe jailbreak 5.1.1 works fine, too.

Thanks

I've tested Winterboard on my iPhone 4 with the Glasklart theme running, and it does work without issue running alongside SBSettings. Is your MobileSubstrate package up to date? These tweaks rely on this low-level hack to operate correctly.