+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Can SHSH blobs from TU or iSHSHit be used with iFaith to create custom signed ispw?

is a discussion within the

Other Methods

forums, a part of the

Jailbreak / Downgrading / Upgrading

section;
So i do realize that iFaith will only collect shsh blobs for devices on the current firmware, however i am wondering if it is possible to create a signed ispw
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default Can SHSH blobs from TU or iSHSHit be used with iFaith to create custom signed ispw?
    So i do realize that iFaith will only collect shsh blobs for devices on the current firmware, however i am wondering if it is possible to create a signed ispw in iFaith using the shsh blobs collected by say tinyumbrella or iSHSHit? I have an iPhone 4 that has been on 4.0 since the day i bought it release day and am trying to make sure i don't jump too many firmwares to a point that i am not comfortable and then will be unable to go back. I locked up the phone recently and was forced to restore to 4.0 with iFaith as i was unable to upgrade to 5.0.1 with an ispw with baseband preservation done with redsn0w and a tss server running on tinyumbrella and the 5.0.1 blob saved for the device. Also i'd like to know if iFaith does a baseband preservation when creating a signed ispw.

Thank you for any responses!

My iPhone is a Part of Me Susty's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by BlameXCanada View Post
    So i do realize that iFaith will only collect shsh blobs for devices on the current firmware, however i am wondering if it is possible to create a signed ispw in iFaith using the shsh blobs collected by say tinyumbrella or iSHSHit? I have an iPhone 4 that has been on 4.0 since the day i bought it release day and am trying to make sure i don't jump too many firmwares to a point that i am not comfortable and then will be unable to go back. I locked up the phone recently and was forced to restore to 4.0 with iFaith as i was unable to upgrade to 5.0.1 with an ispw with baseband preservation done with redsn0w and a tss server running on tinyumbrella and the 5.0.1 blob saved for the device. Also i'd like to know if iFaith does a baseband preservation when creating a signed ispw.

Thank you for any responses!
    Since iOS 5, apple introduced a new way of signing firmware... So using TU to point to servers (said Cydia) don't work... The idea is that you go to the said firmware (example 4.0 to 5.0.1) at the time they sign it & use something like redsn0w to rip the shsh/apticket from the device at the time, you can easily downgrade it back to said 4.0 but at the same time create a stitched ipsw (new way to create custom firmware) & always upgrade/downgrade back to it.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Susty View Post
    Since iOS 5, apple introduced a new way of signing firmware... So using TU to point to servers (said Cydia) don't work... The idea is that you go to the said firmware (example 4.0 to 5.0.1) at the time they sign it & use something like redsn0w to rip the shsh/apticket from the device at the time, you can easily downgrade it back to said 4.0 but at the same time create a stitched ipsw (new way to create custom firmware) & always upgrade/downgrade back to it.
    It was my understanding that this was only a problem for A5 devices (SHSH/APTicket)? Is this not true?

Also can i create a stitched ispw with a shsh blob collected and store by TU or iSHSHit? It appeared to work when i tried it in iFaith but i am afraid to try and restore to a newer FW.
    Last edited by BlameXCanada; 04-07-2012 at 10:36 AM.

My iPhone is a Part of Me Susty's Avatar
    Thanks

It was my understanding that this was only a problem for A5 devices (SHSH/APTicket)? Is this not true?

Also can i create a stitched ispw with a shsh blob collected and store by TU or iSHSHit? It appeared to work when i tried it in iFaith but i am afraid to try and restore to a newer FW.
    Not quite... A5 devices don't currently have a bootrom exploit (or atleast a public one) that allows for downgrading.. Hence all jailbreaks are userland/software based ones (which is why A5 devices don't have tethered jailbreaks but A4 devices do), it's also why where the 3GS is concerned that untethered is always possible for old bootroms yet not for new bootroms (change in hardware by Apple).

In regards to what your running with, let me look again (sorry am
    On a mobile device) & I'll reply as best as I can if others don't do so

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Susty View Post
    Not quite... A5 devices don't currently have a bootrom exploit (or atleast a public one) that allows for downgrading.. Hence all jailbreaks are userland/software based ones (which is why A5 devices don't have tethered jailbreaks but A4 devices do), it's also why where the 3GS is concerned that untethered is always possible for old bootroms yet not for new bootroms (change in hardware by Apple).

In regards to what your running with, let me look again (sorry am
    On a mobile device) & I'll reply as best as I can if others don't do so
    I see, well thank you for the clarification.

I appreciate your help, hopefully someone else may already know to save you some time!

What's Jailbreak?
    Marina del Rey, California, United States
    Thanks

It works just fine with an iphone4. I've had some hardware issues and been at 5.1 (stock) and back to 5.01, 5.0. and 4.3.3 quite a few times these last few days trying to figure out what was going on. Just created a No_BB version first with redsn0w (or whatever they call an ipsw with no baseband - pwned maybe?) then use redsn0w or ifaith to stitch the no_bb vertsion, not the stock version. Then enter pwned dfu, leave your hosts file in the normal mode (so itunes can talk to apple whenever it wants) hit command/shift restore and point itunes to the stitched no_bb firmware (it will start with a long number, then no_bb, then the name of the ipsw) and hang tight. You'll can downgrade as far back in time as you shsh blobs for. Your baseband will stay in whatever state it was in when you started follwing these instructions.