+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPhone 3g iOS4.2.1 Issue after Sn0wbreeze Jailbreak

is a discussion within the

Other Methods

forums, a part of the

Jailbreak / Downgrading / Upgrading

section;
Hello I own a IPhone 3g iOS 4.2.1 as specified above. I am attempting to unlock it with ultrasn0w on cydia and have tried many possibilities. At first i used
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default iPhone 3g iOS4.2.1 Issue after Sn0wbreeze Jailbreak
    Hello I own a IPhone 3g iOS 4.2.1 as specified above.
    I am attempting to unlock it with ultrasn0w on cydia and have tried many possibilities.
    At first i used redsn0w but the unlock had not worked after i downloaded the ultrasn0w 1.2 . With this in mind i searched the vast internet and attempted to use redsn0w to deactivate and afterwards install and iPad baseband. After this I attempted to unlock it again with ultrasn0w but it was fruitless and apps i downloaded after the baseband and deactivating began crashing after the opening picture. I knew that this would not work so i restored the phone to factory settings on the phone. But then the iphone was stuck on the apple logo. I forced it into DSU mode and then reinstalled cydia with redsn0w. No matter how many times i did this the install would always stop at the updating kernel portion of the pineapple part. I then reforced into DSU mode and attempted to use a different jailbreaking device, this time sn0wbreeze or the windows version of PWNage tool. I did this jailbreak and it worked succesfully but alas all was not well. The touchscreen became unusable. The sleep and home button work but the slid e to unlock, any button on the actual screen was dead but it was not frozen. Te light is flashing, the emergency thing changes languages and the volume thing shows up. I attempted to restore back to factory but the closest i can get to that on the iTunes is by updating it back to 4.2.1 software restore backup program needed to jailbreak. But the touchscreen problem still exists. How can i fix this problem?

Thanks
    Thanked 2,202 Times in 1,924 Posts

So you have the iPad bb successfully installed on the iPhone then? Let's take it down to 3.1.3 first and see if the issues are resolved. Create a custom 3.1.3 ipsw with Sn0wbreeze, set the device into pwned DFU mode, hold shift and click restore, select custom 3.1.3 ipsw, and get back to me.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I downloaded the iOS 3.1.3 firmware and created one on sn0wbreeze with the attached ultrasn0w repo and set the iphone into pwned dfu mode like you said. Once done i waited approximately 15 minutes for it to finish and when it restarted the screen all of a sudden a loading screen came out and the screen went black. I assumed it was out of batteries but it was plugged in charging so i held the sleep button for about 20 secs and a vibration occurred in my hand. To sum it up, the screen no longer works. No reactions, pictures, nothing. Just the vibrations now. I've cracked the phone open but nothing seems to be wrong. And no matter what buttons or combinations of buttons i use nothing is even opening up.(apple logo, loading circle, lock screen, etc...)

A few minutes after this, Itunes stopped recognizing my phone. Weird, is it not?
    Last edited by BuckPhone; 03-21-2012 at 03:46 PM.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,202 Times in 1,924 Posts

It is weird. So your phone doesn't power on then?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Sorry for the long delay, haven't been on for a while. I managed to wait 2 weeks and the phone now powers on. The only thing now is to download ultrasn0w again to unlock it. However the top line of the keyboard seems to be malfunctioning now; it issues zero messages to the phone. With the top line broken , the entrance introduction page with the choices of being a user, hacker, and developer on Cydia does not work either. Any solutions?
    Btw, it is now sucessfully jailbroken( i hope) with sn0wbreeze.
    Last edited by BuckPhone; 04-02-2012 at 03:39 PM.

2k1
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,062 Times in 4,204 Posts

Everthing working now?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

The introduction page to cydia doesn't. :/ Oh well, at least the keyboards working again.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I restored the iphone back to factory settings to download ultrasn0w with sn0wbreeze at the same time but now everything below half and above the very bottom is rejecting my touch. But now there is a bar of signal. However the phone, app store, and settings are all useless since they are in the area of no response.