Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Help downgrading from 5.1 to 5.01 iPhone 4

Default Help downgrading from 5.1 to 5.01 iPhone 4
    I want to downgrade from 5.1 to 5.01. In cydia on top it says I have the shsh blob for 5.01 on top can I get that using ifaith and downgrade or did I need to save the shsh blob before. Am I stuck at 5.1 any help thanks

Quote Originally Posted by particle0 View Post
    I want to downgrade from 5.1 to 5.01. In cydia on top it says I have the shsh blob for 5.01 on top can I get that using ifaith and downgrade or did I need to save the shsh blob before. Am I stuck at 5.1 any help thanks
    if cydia shows you have 5.0.1 shsh blobs then you can downgrade back to 5.0.1.

Create a custom firmware using sn0wbreeze or redsn0w and run tinyumbrella, put phone in DFU and restore in iTunes pointing to the custom firmware

i downgraded to 5.0.1 from 5.1 on an iph4, but can't seem to get a jailbreak to work. i have tried redsnow and snowbreeze, but to no avail. i am able to get phone into DFU mode and when i try and install the JB from itunes it hangs on "Preparing iPhone for restore..." and then i get an error 1601 or 1602 from itunes. i have tried many many times, but just can't seem to get past this point. any suggestions would be great. i have been searching everywhere to find a solution.

Edit: after changing computers, all went well!
    Last edited by King_O_Hill; 04-10-2012 at 11:16 PM.

Check out WW2 for iOS 8 - Widget-Weather 2.0