+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Just Curious (NOT a troubleshooting problem!!!)

is a discussion within the

Other Methods

forums, a part of the

Jailbreak / Downgrading / Upgrading

section;
Guys, I figure I'd surprise you all by NOT posting some stupid 'error' I'm getting. Lord knows there's plenty of those posts on here. No, I'm looking for some advice
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Cool Just Curious (NOT a troubleshooting problem!!!)
    Guys, I figure I'd surprise you all by NOT posting some stupid 'error' I'm getting. Lord knows there's plenty of those posts on here.

No, I'm looking for some advice really.

I currently have an iPhone 4, 5.0.1 jail broken with Snowbreeze using a custom firmware (01.59.00). The version says 9A405.

I'm getting an iPhone 4S on Wednesday. I'm using AT&T. In retrospect, I chose to preserve my baseband when I upgraded to 5.0.1 via Snowbreeze when I didn't have to. My understanding is that only people who need to UNLOCK their phone should worry about preserving the baseband. I don't have to do that so I sort of screwed up there. My signals have been stuck on 1 bar ever since.

I'm essentially wondering what steps I should take, specifically, to make the transition as smooth as possible. I use Windows 7 and don't mind performing many time consuming steps as long as I get it right. I'm not a newbie and I know the lingo well. I also know there are several different options to jailbreak iPhone 4S. I'm looking to keep as much of my information/settings/jail broken apps and cydia tweaks as possible while also jail breaking the new phone.

One more thing: my wife is getting my old iPhone 4. Therefore I plan on removing the SIM card and using it in the new phone if necessary/possible.

I would REALLY appreciate any information you guys can offer me. Thanks for even reading this.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I just wanted to express my dissatisfaction with this forum.

My iPhone is a Part of Me Susty's Avatar
    Thanks

I've only just spotted this... Do you still require some help? Preserving the baseband is actually a good thing (should you care to get rid of the phone at a later stage, it makes it more desirable).

Because of the way the iPhone 4 & the 4s are different... Your pretty much looking at copying them manually... I believe there might be some program that allows backups of cydia installed software, though I personally haven't found any to be very successful as such.
    Last edited by Susty; 03-10-2012 at 12:00 PM.