Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Brand new Iphone 4, 5.0.1, advice?

Default Brand new Iphone 4, 5.0.1, advice?
    I got a brand new Iphone 4 for christmas, i was planning to jailbreak right away, but it automatically updated to 5.0.1. So i don't have any blobs to downgrade it. I wanna downgrade it to 4.3.3 so i can untethered jailbreak it with jailbreakme, any advice?

Thanks
    Thanked 7,065 Times in 4,206 Posts

no blobs no way to downgrade. Untethered should be coming out very soon just wait for it. or you can always jailbreak it tethered.

Ok thanks, but I've heard untethered will be coming out very soon all month, when do you expect it will be ready?

Thanks

Today lol

Thanks
    Thanked 7,065 Times in 4,206 Posts

That is correct

Thanks guys!

Since you just got it, it's still under warranty. You can go to an Apple store and exchange for another one that is on 4.3.5. Just tell them that iOS 5 has battery issues which doesn't last a full day for you and also some of your apps which work perfectly fine on iOS 4 but now no longer work on iOS 5. So you want them downgrade to version 4. They will not do the downgrading but will give you another one if they have it in stock. Otherwise, you need to wait for a few days.

However, they will give you version 4.3.5 (last 4.x.x) but not any other version that you request. Note that 4.3.5 is tethered jailbreak, however, it will be on 4.10.01 which is unlockable by gevey.