+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Ghostapp?

is a discussion within the

Other Methods

forums, a part of the

Jailbreak / Downgrading / Upgrading

section;
This morning i did a fast google search for untethered jailbreak for iOS5 for iphone 4. Google came up with "Ghostapp.org" Now not that i would ever pay for anything,
    Green Apple
    Thanks

Default Ghostapp?
    This morning i did a fast google search for untethered jailbreak for iOS5 for iphone 4.

Google came up with "Ghostapp.org" Now not that i would ever pay for anything, but i find it odd they offer untethered jailbreak for iOS5 when we are yet to see this?

Qoute
    "The new version of unlockguide.org Jailbreak + Unlock v5.0 is said to be capable of performing an untethered jailbreak iPhone 4 iOS 5"

Like i said, not that i would pay, but i would like untethered JB, so im very curios on this.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Pierre3400 View Post
    This morning i did a fast google search for untethered jailbreak for iOS5 for iphone 4.

Google came up with "Ghostapp.org" Now not that i would ever pay for anything, but i find it odd they offer untethered jailbreak for iOS5 when we are yet to see this?

Qoute
    "The new version of unlockguide.org Jailbreak + Unlock v5.0 is said to be capable of performing an untethered jailbreak iPhone 4 iOS 5"

Like i said, not that i would pay, but i would like untethered JB, so im very curios on this.
    Yeah I Googled and the same thing came up. I thought they already had a Jailbreak for iOS5 for iPhone 4. It's the 4S I can't find.

Green Apple
    Thanks

There is a 4 jailbreak, just tethered, i would like an untethered

Im pretty sure tehre is also a jailbreak for 4s?

Green Apple
    Thanks

During more research, i came across this..

GhostApp Jailbreak iPhone 4 iOs 5 Untethered and U - Your #1 Site for Iphone 5 reviews and News. - Iphone 5 Reviews

I will admit I get kinda lost in translation with a lot of this. but seems like GhostApp does do untethered iOS JB for Iphone 4

Official SaurikIT Support
    Thanks

Ghostapp is a scam. All paid jailbreak/unlock downloads are scams, especially ones promising things that sound "too good to be true" like this. They're also scams if they ask you to complete a survey before downloading.

Only trust jailbreaks and unlocks (at least software-based unlocks) from the iPhone Dev Team, which always provides jailbreaks (redsn0w and PwnageTool) and unlocks (ultrasn0w) for free. A few other developers/teams also provide legitimate jailbreaking tools, including comex (JailbreakMe), Chronic Dev (greenpois0n), and iH8sn0w (sn0wbreeze), but they also provide their tools absolutely for free.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default ghostapp
    Ghostapp.org is most definitely a scam. I got caught. They just email you a password to a website that claims the iphone dev team can unlock any phone, and shows instructions for using their method.

Completely bogus.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by takoisam View Post
    Ghostapp.org is most definitely a scam. I got caught. They just email you a password to a website that claims the iphone dev team can unlock any phone, and shows instructions for using their method.

Completely bogus.
    It's not a scam. It really does work, but if you are patient enough the dev team will come out with one that is free. This is for the people who are to impatient and want a jailbreak now and are willing to pay for it.

Official SaurikIT Support
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Sognatore88 View Post
    It's not a scam. It really does work, but if you are patient enough the dev team will come out with one that is free. This is for the people who are to impatient and want a jailbreak now and are willing to pay for it.
    No. Ghostapp (and other similar paid jailbreaks/unlocks) just repackages the Dev Team's free tools (redsn0w and ultrasn0w) and then promises much more than the Dev Team's tools can actually do. So, you can buy Ghostapp to jailbreak iOS 5.0 tethered and it'll work fine - because that's exactly what redsn0w does for free - but Ghostapp cannot jailbreak iOS 5.0 untethered, for example.

Developing iPhone jailbreaks and unlocks requires very specialized and advanced skills that few people have. It's incredibly unlikely for random outsiders to come up with better tools than established and trusted jailbreaking teams like the Dev Team already produce.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Sognatore88 View Post
    It is a scam. Are you affiliated with them? Just wondering why you are saying that it "really" works.