Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.
10-20-2011, 03:27 PM #1iPhone 4 stuck in dfu. Please help!
I have an iPhone 4 that was never JB on 4.2.2 with 04.10.01 baseband. I wanted to upgrade to 4.3.3, JB and preserve the baseband to unlock with Gevey ultra. I used Sn0wbreeze 2.7.1 and built 4.3.3 custom ispw. Tried to shift restore to custom ipsw and got error 3194. Got past that by running tinyumbrella in background. Got error 1600. Tried ireb. Tried fixrecovery43.exe and fixrecovery421.exe. Actually got past error 1600 three times and the phone showed Sn0wbreeze icon and went through whole process all the way to the iTunes message that it was restarting and would appear in "countdown". But at the end of that count down it goes to check for updates and next to iPhone detected in recovery mode and must be restored. And I'm right back where I started. the phone is black screen. No power. It like it's stuck in dfu mode. The only thing I've sen on the screen is the couple of times I got the sn0wbreeze icon. I also tried some fixes using redsn0w 0.9.9b6. In ireb I also tried recovery mode loop fixer with set auto-boot option I think this is what got me past error 1600 those three times but still black screen and itunes detects dfu mode. Anyone out there, please help!
10-22-2011, 10:29 PM #2
11-14-2011, 02:25 PM #3
i would plug phone up
- open itunes
- start restore it, itunes will say it's preparing for restore. what its doing is putting phone into recovery mode, which you can work with.
- wait for the phone to show the recovery logo (even if youre not fast enough, turning it off the home button +power button way and re-powering will still work)
- unplug it from computer quickly and reboot phone by holding home and power button till it turns off
- turn it back on as you regularly would.
- Use tinyumbrella or RecBoot.zipto kick out of recovery. if you download recboot, extract and double click exit.bat and it will do it for you.
Last edited by kissy; 11-14-2011 at 02:39 PM.