Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Update Help

Default Update Help
    Well, I am stuck on the apple logo and I am trying to do an Update/Restore to iOS 4.2 but iTunes can't connect to the server so it isn't recognizing my phone even in UDF mode. I have already downloaded the firmware update. Is there any way to update without iTunes connecting to their server? Someone Please Help.... If not with the update, maybe a fix to get my phone running again.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -screenshot.1.jpeg  

What firmware are you currently on? 4.2.1 or 4.1?

I'm ancient, lol....i'm on iOS 3.1

Retired Moderator
    Alhambra, CA
    Thanked 2,202 Times in 1,924 Posts

What do you mean without connecting to iTunes server? As far as I'm concerned, that is a necessary process. Is your Internet working? Usually it says failure to connect to the server because it can't get Internet access. Or you could try on another machine.

I am not at home and won't be for a week. I need to get my phone back up and running. I figured out that the reason iTunes can't connect to the server is because there is a webguard filter here and it blocks certain sites like iTunes (multimedia downloads). I already have the firmware downloaded so i am trying to find a way to install it without having to go through itunes.