+ Reply
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: blackra1n - Waiting for reboot

is a discussion within the

Other Methods

forums, a part of the

Jailbreak / Downgrading / Upgrading

section;
Here's what I did on my 3g... Load blackra1n (but don't click anything). close itunes if open. Run blackra1n. When itunes opens again, close it. blackra1n will hang on running...
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Here's what I did on my 3g...
    Load blackra1n (but don't click anything). close itunes if open. Run blackra1n. When itunes opens again, close it. blackra1n will hang on running... Then go into task manager and end task on ituneshelper.
    Close blackra1n. Then load blackra1n again and run it again.
    Don't touch the phone the entire time.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I do just love some of the selfish attitudes populating our world today. "It wont work for me, so screw the person who did the work." Ignore how many other people have been helped by this persons work, it's all a bout you. I hate Apple, and consider an Iphone no better than a toy, but I give props to a man who spends his time and effort, not only without expecting a reward, but ACTIVELY turning one down in an effort to keep free what should be free. ***** and whine all you want because something doesn't work for you, but don't detract from the time and effort someone has put in on a project to benefit the community simply for that reason.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Hi

though a mac use i think i must be ina minority when it comes to i-phones, all solutions to this problem are for PC , can anyone give advice on Mac:

i am having a similiar problem , but not exactly the same -

I get the message that Blackra1n has done its job , but simultaneously i-tunes tells me that it detecst a phone going into recovery and that it needs to be restored.

no picture of Geohot appears andi just get the plug into itunes image on phone, menawhile itunes on computer is telling me to restore.

I have tried the trick of unplugging usb and then re-initiating then plugging in , but no joy.

just going round in circles repeating the same thing!

any help?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by muckyfox View Post
    Hi

though a mac use i think i must be ina minority when it comes to i-phones, all solutions to this problem are for PC , can anyone give advice on Mac:

i am having a similiar problem , but not exactly the same -

I get the message that Blackra1n has done its job , but simultaneously i-tunes tells me that it detecst a phone going into recovery and that it needs to be restored.

no picture of Geohot appears andi just get the plug into itunes image on phone, menawhile itunes on computer is telling me to restore.

I have tried the trick of unplugging usb and then re-initiating then plugging in , but no joy.

just going round in circles repeating the same thing!

any help?
    Ok, sounds like the same EXACT issue as us PC users. It is just that usually Mac users dont have this issue. The only thing I can tell you is BE PATIENT!!! Just keep doing what you are doing. It takes up to 25 tries. What I did is restore to factory settings. Do not restore to a previously backed up version (thru iTunes) then run black rain. You can run it before you turn your phone back on. It will say "waiting for iPhone" and then as soon as your phone turns back off (rebooting) hold down both the power and the home button. then as soon as the apple logo appears let go of the power button while contuing to hold the home button. It took me between 20and 30tries but it worked. You just have to keep doing it. There is no trick or anything. It will work when it works. Don't give up hope

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I just read all the posts and found that running blackra1n then rerunning it when the ipod was frozen on black screen worked after a few goes.

As the previous guy said. Just keep trying.

jb4
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by eddied316 View Post
    No matter what I do, and how many time I try, it WILL NOT re-boot, like it should.

I get the guys picture on my ipod touch 2g, then it loads, and goes black, and said "done, waiting for reboot"

then does nothing.

I've tried it with Itunes on, itunes off, plugged in, not plugged in, turning off ipod service, closing blackra1n and re-opening.

Nothing.

Anyone have any ideas?
    Don't know if you resolved your problem but I "HAD" the exact problem..I tried a few solutions on here. I did kill all the process' running like ipodservice and ituneshelper and I think there was another... i also unchecked the auto sync in itunes. I then plugged my USB into a front USB port and TADA it worked..the picture popped up for about 20-30 secs then you see the reset wheel at the bottom..then a re-boot and found blackrain on second app screen...let me know if I can help any further...I'm a 3GS on 3.1.2..updated through iTunes months ago
    If my 2 cents helped ya, Thank me by hitting the Thanks Button!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

If your phone needs a reboot, you need blackra1n, just be patient, once your phone has rebooted, make sure you have blackra1n already clicked "make it rain" so it says "waiting for device" and ur phone is plugged in. If if patient it will eventually find the phone, enter it into recovery and reboot as if nothing happened. You might need to do DFU manually and then blackra1n will see that too and proceed with it.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Ok, I had the same problem, but I was using a usb hub (the little discs that have extra usb ports on them that plug in to a usb on your computer) and I unplugged the iPod from that and directly into the usb port, solving the problem indefinitely. If you're using a hub, plug the ipod in directly to the usb ports on the computer instead.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,313 Times in 431 Posts

i am having this issue as well, any new help? 3gs 3.1.2 mc 5.11.07 i need a phone i am away from home, and nothing is working. i am on a mac, cannot/dont want to restore to 3.1.3, and itunes wont let me restore to a custom 3.1.2.please please please im stuck here!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    I have a 2G iTouch model # is A1288. I recently upgraded to 3.1.3. It has never been jail broken before, how can I jailbreak it now? The video above does not load for me, (it's blocked here in China).

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Hi All,

I am having the same problem as in this thread and am now not able to solve with any method mentioned here.

Here is what I did :

1. I had a iPhone 3G ( v3.1.2 Modem FW 05.11.07 )jailbroken with blackra1n, working for few weeks now and I have added a lot of applications installed. However I could not unlock my phone , tried using different ways - the blacksn0w etc etc.

2. I tried to Jailbrake using blackra1n everytime and when the iPhone was up, it would always work.

3. Today I tried to play with the firmware , downloaded the custom firmware from net with a lower firmware version and it broke in the process and did not continue to restore the firmware and iPhone loaded into iTunes screen.

4. I tried running blackra1n and it would come to the screen where the it would says its rebooting and would never reboot the phone and shows the GeosHot picture and I tried several times and still shows the samething.

Can someone help please??

Green Apple
    Thanks

ya so im having this same problem. running a 2g iphone 4gb model no:A1203 im at a loss and rather angry

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I have one A1203 that is exhibiting weird behavior. You can read about it here. What are the advantages of blackrain over redsn0w?

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by gmaslin View Post
    I have one A1203 that is exhibiting weird behavior. You can read about it here. What are the advantages of blackrain over redsn0w?
    I'm not sure but I know that blackra1n didn't work where redsn0w did.
    I Love My 4s white
    p.s. Dont Forget To Thank Those Helpful People Out There!!

+ Reply
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123