+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iBrickr or AppTapp?

is a discussion within the

Other Methods

forums, a part of the

Jailbreak / Downgrading / Upgrading

section;
I'm new to the iPhone modding and before I read through a bunch of these posts, I downloaded AppTapp. I'm a windows user though and read that iBrickr should be
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default iBrickr or AppTapp?
    I'm new to the iPhone modding and before I read through a bunch of these posts, I downloaded AppTapp. I'm a windows user though and read that iBrickr should be used for Windows. I had no problem downloading AppTapp and it installed the installer on my phone with no problems.

My question. What are the differences between the 2 programs? Can you run both?

Thanks!

Thanks

Yes you can use both. It doesn't matter which one you use to jailbreak.

I personally prefer iBrickr because along with being able to jailbreak very easily, you can also upload/download files, install .pxl applications (like installer.app or anything that's not on installer.app), easy ringtones and easy sound changes.
    =D

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Like Dash-2 says, iBrickr makes for easy sound and file management. I like to install via Installer.app as I can easily see if there is an updated version of apps it installed--installer.app has a tab showing updates. With iBrickr, I was having to keep a paper list of version numbers (these native apps are being updated constantly . It seems both have "exclusive apps" or first-to-release..it just depends. iBrickr does have access to previous versions, a nice feature, and is able to install with just a pxl file.

Short answer, I use both.
    -Michael.

Thanks

I completely agree with every mjohns said, too.
    =D