+ Reply
Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iDemocracy: Mostly Automated iPhone 1.1.1 Jailbreak (for Windows)

is a discussion within the

Other Methods

forums, a part of the

Jailbreak / Downgrading / Upgrading

section;
putty failed it said something about connection permission
    Green Apple
    Thanks

putty failed it said something about connection permission

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    I completed the 8th step and restarted my phone and it only shows Ipod on the top right hand corner and only functions as an Ipod. This is with the new file posted an hours ago. HELP!!!

Thanks

What?! It shows iPod in the top right corner?!
    That doesn't make any sense at all... Specifically what part of the process were you at?

@modmyschnit: that's very odd also. Are you sure the SSH setup went properly? Is the IP Address accurate?

Green Apple
    Thanks

im going to try it again just to make sure.
    when it activates should i restore my phone settings or should i leave it at that(im talkin about when itunes askes u new phone or continue to restore)
    Last edited by modmyschnit; 10-22-2007 at 03:19 PM.

Green Apple
    Thanks

um....heres my dilemma now...

i got all the way to step 9, but when i go into Installer, it shows the white screen like it seems to be loading, but then after about 10-15 seconds, it crashes. everything else seems to be fine, just the installer is not working...

i also tried to do the installation of installer over (Step 6 i think), but that didnt work either....

any ideas?

Thanks

hm... seems like that old chmod problem is back.
    I'm trying it on my iphone to see what happens.
    Here's an idea, try installing anySIM.app even if you don't want it (it triggers the chmod again... I may have forgotten to put the same call to chmod when installing Installer.app).

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Drakenza For This Useful Post:

Wade (10-22-2007)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by DeusInvictus7 View Post
    um....heres my dilemma now...

i got all the way to step 9, but when i go into Installer, it shows the white screen like it seems to be loading, but then after about 10-15 seconds, it crashes. everything else seems to be fine, just the installer is not working...

i also tried to do the installation of installer over (Step 6 i think), but that didnt work either....

any ideas?
    Yeah, I am having the same problem. It shows the default.png, but then just goes back to the springboard.

Okay, problem solved. I used WinSCP to change permissions on installer to +x. All is well Thanks again!

*Sends donation*
    Last edited by EmoRebellion; 10-22-2007 at 03:37 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks

Darn it!!
    Stupid, stupid mistake on my part. Forgot to call the function that chmods everything.
    I'll go reupload everything now
    Your support is appreciated.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Drakenza For This Useful Post:

Wade (10-22-2007)

iPhone? More like MyPhone mixi92's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Drakenza View Post
    Darn it!!
    Stupid, stupid mistake on my part. Forgot to call the function that chmods everything.
    I'll go reupload everything now
    Your support is appreciated.
    Hi everyone,

Just to let you know the program works well. After 2 tries last night with Drakenza on the other end to help.

What i'm saying is...be patient because Drakenza is working on your problems. The way I got the help last night, He was on top of it so again...patience.

All apps working as well as factory apps. I did not unlock though. Just want the 3rd party apps.

Its better to be slow but sure than fast and having problems in the end.

Drakenza...THANK YOU
    Last edited by mixi92; 10-22-2007 at 03:47 PM.

Thanks

Damn, Drakenza, feel free to help me too lol

My AIM is andysoccer12

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I'm having problems with this. Ran the update to patch for 1.0.2 and an error popped up saying the phone could not be updated. I ignored the error and ran AppTapp. It got to Stage 0: 4 Entering recovery mode... and the install box seems to have stopped at Execute: iphonecomm.exe -d 009-7698-4.dmg -c kernelcache.release.s518...

I remember back when 1.0.2 was the current release, I also had problems installing AppTapp and ended up having a friend install it from his machine without any problems.

The first time I ran the AppTapp install today, I forgot to close iTunes, but the second time I realized that mistake and closed it before starting the install. Either way, I am still stuck at the same point in the install.

Any thoughts on how to remedy this?

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

this new Idemocracy is looking good

Green Apple
    Thanks

when i click SSH/BSD/installer with idemocracy putty gives me a connection refused warning what should i do

i feel so stupid i didnt follow the instructions in the SSH/BSD/installer thats way i had a hard time thanks Drakenza
    Last edited by modmyschnit; 10-22-2007 at 05:15 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

TJB
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

It worked 100% perfect Drakenza!!

I only had to manually activate it through WINSCP/iAsign afterwords. (TurboSim user). Also had to chmod the applications directory to make Installer.app work.

The only remaining problem is: on 1.02 installed Installer.app 2.63, updated to 3.0. Now on 1.1.1 after jailbreak, iDemocracy installed 2.63 again. Now when i go into Installer.app it says version 2.63, but under uninstall it lists 3.0 (not 2.63), and under update there is nothing. So when i click in Uninstall > Installer.app 3.0, it gives an install button on top, i hit that and it gives the error: "No location defined in package". So i have to sort this out manually somehow now, lol. Any tips ? Still searching!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Having the exact same problem here. New version numbers would really help though this process! But the application is awsome!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

ok i got past the first step, but now I'm stuck at Symlink. I have a wireless router, but I am connected thru cat5 on my computers as I do not have wi-fi cards for them yet (bought the router just for the iphone). Do I need to have a wireless card on my computer to get past this step? I get a "Network error: Connection refused" error when I run the Symlink portion.

Jugadorofclubs on aim if anyone can help, it would be greatly appreciated!
    Last edited by JugadorAA; 10-22-2007 at 05:57 PM.

Thanks

So what version of install does this install? And can I update it?

And what kinda of Board does it install?
    How easy is it to update to SummerBoard through Installer and not use PogoStick?

TJB
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

It worked 100% perfect Drakenza!!

I only had to manually activate it through WINSCP/iAsign afterwords. (TurboSim user). Also had to chmod the applications directory to make Installer.app work.

The only remaining problem is: on 1.02 installed Installer.app 2.63, updated to 3.0. Now on 1.1.1 after jailbreak, iDemocracy installed 2.63 again. Now when i go into Installer.app it says version 2.63, but under uninstall it lists 3.0 (not 2.63), and under update there is nothing. So when i click in Uninstall > Installer.app 3.0, it gives an install button on top, i hit that and it gives the error: "No location defined in package". So i have to sort this out manually somehow now, lol. Any tips ? Still searching!
    Ok go to /private/var/roo../Installer/ and delete "LocalPackages.plist", reboot iPhone, go in installer.app, it will rebuild the list. And you can update back to 3.0.

Meanwhile i messed up my SSH, while searching for the installer.app solutions, i passed by init.d/dropbear.sh, had dropbear on 1.02, but uninstalled, while i went to openssh, so i deleted that file, after reboot no SSH anymore, no surprise after deleting that dropbear service!! OpenSSH probably using dropbear, lol. Now i'm even screwed further by myself

Green Apple
    Thanks

Any chance of implimenting iPhone Virginzer into this neat little program? i know that would be sweet.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Drakenza View Post
    What?! It shows iPod in the top right corner?!
    That doesn't make any sense at all... Specifically what part of the process were you at?

@modmyschnit: that's very odd also. Are you sure the SSH setup went properly? Is the IP Address accurate?
    it actually shows iPod in the top left and was only acting as an iPod. I have restored it since and now its back to normal. I will try your update again when I get home later tonight and post back my findings.