+ Reply
Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iDemocracy: Mostly Automated iPhone 1.1.1 Jailbreak (for Windows)

is a discussion within the

Other Methods

forums, a part of the

Jailbreak / Downgrading / Upgrading

section;
hi there... what iPhone state that can make this worked? is it 1.1.1 or downgraded to 1.0.2 first then run this iDemocracy? if i have 1.0.2 unlocked with anySIM, can
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    hi there...

what iPhone state that can make this worked? is it 1.1.1 or downgraded to 1.0.2 first then run this iDemocracy?

if i have 1.0.2 unlocked with anySIM, can i use this to jailbreak and activating?

coz if i followed dev team solution...it stops me when installing SSH...everytime i Install SSH using sshify-windows.bat it keeps making the IMEI changed to 04999xxx...

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

This has made my day. I can't wait to get home tonight and try it out. Thanks so much for your time and you can expect a donation from me.
    Good work!

I have a downgraded 1.0.2 phone so I guess this will pretty much update my phone and guide me through the steps to follow to get a jailbraked 1.1.1.

Thanks

Awesome! Hurry up and upload the new version, I cant wait to check it out!

Thanks again for the great work!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Drakenza, do you think the update will address the issue with Simlink that is giving me the error "network error, connection refused the 2nd time I tried to install it?

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

he said it would

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Drakenza View Post
    Hey everyone!
    Just an update on my progress so far:
    I've finished coding the new version and am currently testing the whole process from start to finish on my own iPhone. If all goes well I'll upload it soon.
    New features:
    - Unlocking through anySIM! iDemocracy will put anySIM on your springboard and take it off for you when you're done. Don't worry, anySIM is completely optional.
    - BSD Subsystem Installation! No more problems with chmod and all the other functions.
    - BUGFIXES for SpringBoard patching problems, removal of symlink problems, 300mb capacity issue.
    - CLEANER CODE!! (But most of you don't care about that )
    - I'm afraid it still won't support activation, but we'll get there eventually.

Look for it on the googlecode website and on Digg and everywhere else very soon.

Thank you for your support. I hope this update fixes all your problems.

-- Drakenza
    Drakenza,

You are a Saviour!
    I haven't been able to upgrade to 1.1.1 because Jailbreaking has been...well how can I put it...BREAKING MY BALLS! I will try your method once I get home.

I virginize my phone, then upgraded to 1.1.1. But the jailbreaking proceedures for windows have not been that great. For example TouchFree doesn't work on my system (it hangs on step 2).

So once I use your method to jailbreak I will try the new PACAY Beta (for activation & Youtube)
    Last edited by IriQuel; 10-22-2007 at 01:21 PM.

Thanks

Thank you all so much for the warm reception iDemocracy has received.
    I'm almost done with testing and stuff on the new version... Just stay patient a little while longer.
    About your questions: Yes, this update should resolve any problems you are having related to symlink or springpatch.
    Also, it is necessary to downgrade your iphone, but you dont need to do so before running iDemocracy. iDemocracy will walk you through the downgrade process.
    And if you have an unlocked 1.0.2 iphone, it will NOT work with iDemocracy until you have completely revirginized it and then restored it to factory settings.

Again, thank you all for spreading the word, using my software, and donating.

Drakenza

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Thanks for your reply

So, if I understood, this is iDemocracy which will downgrade my Iphone to v1.02 ?? that's it ??

I just want to be sure

thx

Thanks

No, no, iDemocracy does a lot more than downgrade...
    It'll help you downgrade at the beginning as part of the process, but then it guides you through the whole jailbreaking process as well and automates all the command-line stuff and patching, installing 3rd party apps, etc. Essentially, all you have to do is hook your iphone to your computer, run the program, follow the onscreen instructions, and you have a jailbroken iphone running firmware 1.1.1 and Installer.app, and if you want, anySIM unlocking as well.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Perfect !! this is "THE ALL IN ONE" process, really NICE

I'm just waiting the new release to mod my Iphone

thx

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Hey everyone!
    Just an update on my progress so far:
    I've finished coding the new version and am currently testing the whole process from start to finish on my own iPhone. If all goes well I'll upload it soon.
    New features:
    - Unlocking through anySIM! iDemocracy will put anySIM on your springboard and take it off for you when you're done. Don't worry, anySIM is completely optional.
    - BSD Subsystem Installation! No more problems with chmod and all the other functions.
    - BUGFIXES for SpringBoard patching problems, removal of symlink problems, 300mb capacity issue.
    - CLEANER CODE!! (But most of you don't care about that )

Look for it on the googlecode website and on Digg and everywhere else very soon.

Thank you for your support. I hope this update fixes all your problems.

-- Drakenza
    No, no, iDemocracy does a lot more than downgrade...
    It'll help you downgrade at the beginning as part of the process, but then it guides you through the whole jailbreaking process as well and automates all the command-line stuff and patching, installing 3rd party apps, etc. Essentially, all you have to do is hook your iphone to your computer, run the program, follow the onscreen instructions, and you have a jailbroken iphone running firmware 1.1.1 and Installer.app, and if you want, anySIM unlocking as well.

Drakenza, the first time I ran your program and I got all the way through and had the installer app but nothing would load, did I unlock my phone's SIM during this process?

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Angelo921 For This Useful Post:

douda (10-25-2007)

Thanks

YES!!
    iDemocracy just finished running, and it installed Installer.app AND ANYSIM!!!
    And it chmodded correctly!
    As soon as I put in YouTube patching and instructions for the "Connect to iTunes" issue, we're good to go.

EDIT: it turns out that YouTube works pretty darn well through iDemocracy, so for now I will skip the Youtube patcher and, if that issue persists, I will release a seperate little app that takes care of it.

Drakenza
    Last edited by Drakenza; 10-22-2007 at 01:54 PM.

TJB
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Great stuff Drakenza,

Superb work!!

Thanks

@Angelo921: No, the version you're using doesn't support unlocking quite yet. Hang on for about 20 more minutes and you can grab the new version.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Hey everyone!

-- Drakenza
    So how does this affect the upgrade?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    I have another question :

Does iDemocracy work with a baseband version 04.01.13_G ??

Thanks

TJB
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Yes Josselin,

BaseBand is only touched when "unlocking" usually, and iDemocracy does not do that. Only if you run AnySim.

Thanks

YES!!
    iDemocracy just finished running, and it installed Installer.app AND ANYSIM!!!
    And it chmodded correctly!
    As soon as I put in YouTube patching and instructions for the "Connect to iTunes" issue, we're good to go.

EDIT: it turns out that YouTube works pretty darn well through iDemocracy, so for now I will skip the Youtube patcher and, if that issue persists, I will release a seperate little app that takes care of it.

Drakenza
    You're killing me here with all this good news.. I keep hitting the refresh button on the google code page, but am still staring at this old version.

Thanks

New version uploading as we speak
    I'm posting the binary first because it's a smaller file. If you want the source, you'll have to wait just a few minutes longer...

EDIT: Both uploads complete. Please test and give me feedback.
    Last edited by Drakenza; 10-22-2007 at 02:21 PM.

Green Apple
    Thanks

am i the only one thats having a problem? cuz i get the the first apptapp part on 1.0.2 (Step 9 of Preparation), and it gives me an error saying if i want to continue or quit, and when i continue, it doesnt do anything...

EDIT: lol nevermind...i opened the wrong iDemocracy, i opened the one without apptapp in the directory....retarded lol
    Last edited by DeusInvictus7; 10-22-2007 at 02:54 PM.