+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPhone on Verizon LOL!!!!

is a discussion within the

Other Carriers (Not ATT or T-Mobile)

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
here are some pics. real or not this is funny. looks like they are attempting to put the verizon samsung i760 radio in an iPhone to get it working on
    iPhone? More like MyPhone fletch33's Avatar
    Thanks

Default iPhone on Verizon LOL!!!!
    here are some pics. real or not this is funny. looks like they are attempting to put the verizon samsung i760 radio in an iPhone to get it working on verizon LMAO!!!!

iPhone apart:

iPhone with i760 radio attached:

Thanks

That's pretty interesting. Now let me see you get it back in the case
    Please hit the thanks button if I helped you out

Green Apple
    Thanks

My parents had Verizon a WHILE back before we had AT&T and I had pre-paid Verizon for just a few months. It is ABSOLUTELY the god damn worst cell phone company I swear to god! I would get like 2-5 dropped calls EVERY SINGLE DAY! EVERY SINGLE DAY... no exaggeration. Never have bars ANYWHERE! I don't get how they have such a big fanbase and how they advertise so falsely. We have Verizon DSL and their landline phones, they blow *** too.

Livin the iPhone Life aziatiklover's Avatar
    Thanks

gsm to cdma? maybe
     Think Different

Thanks

verizon rocks. i swear if they came out with a verzion iphone i would sell mine in a heartbeat. great service.

Green Apple
    Thanks

How can you think that? Our landlines are very staticy due to them screwing groundwire up so water and other elements can seep into it. The cell phone portion is the worst though, had cell phone service with them for nearly 3 years, like I said, never service like they say it works everywhere. Dropped calls. No rollover. Parents both say they have ****** customer service. i don't care who likes it really, I would never pay for that ******** again and I personally only paid for their pre-paid.

Thanks

maybe its not as good when its prepaid. i had a full blown service. customer service wasnt fantastic but i got signal everywhere. it depends on ur location man, u proly got sh*tty service because of where ur located in the states. since all my friends have verizon it would be cheaper for me anyway. hope this project comes through. it would be amazing!

Green Apple
    Thanks

in los angeles there is no contest...VZW is the only serious choice if you want rock solid service, but it really is city dependent. in other states i would expect other service providers to outperform...but , i too, would switch for a verizon iphone in a heartbeat.

have a nice day, y'all...

--jonathan

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Is there any talk still of Verizon going to GSM or a more open standard with 4G? I had heard some rumblings previously, but nothing since. This type of thing is interesting but hardly practical. If Verizon moves to GSM a simple SIM switch will suffice

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Iman07 View Post
    verizon rocks. i swear if they came out with a verzion iphone i would sell mine in a heartbeat. great service.
    i hear ya. i drop more calls no matter what city i am in with ATT every week then i had in 5 years with verizon. i wish i could have the best of both worlds. you bet i will switch back to verizon when if ever the iphone ,akes it there.

as an example i was just in Louisville, KY sitting in a restaurant and i had NO SERVICE. my wife sitting next to me on ATT as well using a Moto Q had all 4 bars as well as a 3G signal. this is very common. although i will say she never drops a call with ATT on her Q. i have gone thru a LOT of PDA/Smartphones every year since they came out and i have to say that the iphone has the worst reception of anything i have had with any service.

ooh well i still use

Quote Originally Posted by alex1015 View Post
    Is there any talk still of Verizon going to GSM or a more open standard with 4G? I had heard some rumblings previously, but nothing since. This type of thing is interesting but hardly practical. If Verizon moves to GSM a simple SIM switch will suffice
    they will eventually make the switch. it has been rumored for awhile but i believe from what i have been reading it will happen sometime. they loose a LOT of customers and corporate accounts because CDMA doesnt travel the world well. they have tried to fix this by offering a couple phones that are cdma and gsm but it hasnt solved their problems.

another reason they might eventually switch is that it cost 3X's as much to support cdma compared to gsm in the overall picture from towers to equipment etc...
    Last edited by fletch33; 04-05-2008 at 03:50 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks

any progress on this thing?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Iman07 View Post
    any progress on this thing?
    LOL