+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Call Ended & Call Failed

is a discussion within the

Other Carriers (Not ATT or T-Mobile)

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
I have a friend in pakistan that is having a problem with his iPhone. Everything works fine except outgoing calls on most of the networks in pakistan. Its only working
    iPhone? More like MyPhone catriple's Avatar
    Thanks

Default Call Ended & Call Failed
    I have a friend in pakistan that is having a problem with his iPhone. Everything works fine except outgoing calls on most of the networks in pakistan. Its only working on one of the networks and for all other networks when you place a call, it immediately takes you to Call Ended and then to Call Failed screen. It is not working. Does anyone have any ideas? He is a great guy and I want to do everything I can to help him out!

Is it a frequency issue? I know the iPhone runs on 850, 900, 1800, 1900 MHz, but might this be an issue?

Im tempted to have him restore to 1.0.2 (thats what the phone is on now) and to reactivate/unlock? I just want to be sure I am giving the best advice possible! Thoughts?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    I am having the same issue with my iphone. I'm in Jordan and I also have the 1.0.2 and never updated. I tried restoring and redoing the unlock but the same result.

I guess tomorrow I'm going to go to the company and see if they can get me a new SIM but I think it is a software issue.

Someone please HELP!!

iPhone? More like MyPhone theguyz's Avatar
    Thanks

If my iphone with 1.0.2 shows 1 bar strength for signal i get same message, if two bars calls go through.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Myself had this problem, here is what i found..
    my cell carrier does not allow me to hide my ID..and i dunno when i accidentally set "Show my caller ID" to "OFF"

i turned it back on while trying to fix this and the moment i did this i was able to make calls..

SETTINGS>>PHONE>>SHOW MY CALLER ID

hope this helps

5. The Following User Says Thank You to VegasTheory For This Useful Post:

kimo_4th (12-25-2008)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Yep that was the solution for me too.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

This may help, i had same problem, apparently the SIM and carrier wont work if date and time aren't set well, make sure date and time are the current ones. Let me know, cheers.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

If you see "Call Ended" and then "Call Failed" immediately after trying to dial out from your iPhone.....

There probably is no problem with the phone.
    I had the same thing happen to me - on my fifth time around virginizing/updating the iPhone - to 1.1.1

Just remember these 2 steps:
    1) Settings > General > Date and Time > (Here, switch off "Set Automatically" and manually select your hometown). Then manually set the date and time.

Once you've done it - switch off, and restart phone - and you can reset the 2 settings to "Set Automatically" again.

2) Settings > Phone > Show My Caller ID > Switch ON

Usually people who virginize or upgrade or even first time unlockers - forget to change the default Location setting - which is Cupertino. If you dont change it, you will not be able to make outgoing calls. But the wierd part is, you will still be able to receive incoming calls.

Hope that helps!

9. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Draxx For This Useful Post:

frenno (02-13-2008), fungjoe (12-03-2007), wedge1138 (02-25-2008)