+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Old man buys new unlocked iphone....HELP!

is a discussion within the

Other Carriers (Not ATT or T-Mobile)

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
HI - just got my unlocked iphone in the Uk and I'm on the O2 network and I have some problems 1 SMS doesn't work - it says I have
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default Old man buys new unlocked iphone....HELP!
    HI - just got my unlocked iphone in the Uk and I'm on the O2 network and I have some problems

1 SMS doesn't work - it says I have 5 messages but when I click on the icon, a blank message screen comes up then it reverts back to the menu page after about 2 seconds

2 When I try to use Maps, Internet etc outside of a WIFi area, it says that i'm not contracted to EDGE so it doesn't work. The little 'E' symbol is on at the top so it's in coverage.

Can anyone help please???
    THks

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by BullFrogOz View Post
    HI - just got my unlocked iphone in the Uk and I'm on the O2 network and I have some problems

1 SMS doesn't work - it says I have 5 messages but when I click on the icon, a blank message screen comes up then it reverts back to the menu page after about 2 seconds

2 When I try to use Maps, Internet etc outside of a WIFi area, it says that i'm not contracted to EDGE so it doesn't work. The little 'E' symbol is on at the top so it's in coverage.

Can anyone help please???
    THks
    For 2. you need to enter the EDGE settings for your particular carrier. Goto Settings -> General -> Network -> EDGE to enter the settings. You can get them from your wireless carrier.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default Thanks for that bit
    Thanks- I've got that bit working now.

Still can't get the SMS function to kick in though..........GRRRRH

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

can you make and recieve calls ok, try it before just saying yes. Can you hear the other person through the earpiece? Its possible you have an unlock problem, yes its a pain to fix but yes you can do it yourself. i can help but i need to know if your phone is affected first.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

what would these unlock problems be? i cant hear anything out of the speaker anymore...only on speaker phone. used to work now it doesnt? any clues?

Thanks

This is a known Apple issue. Plug in your earbuds, play some music, and unplug them again. If it doesn't work the first time try again.

Stems from a bug that the iPhone "forgets" where its suppose to send the audio. By plugging in the earbuds, and then removing them again, you're telling the iPhone its now suppose to redirect the audio out through the speakers again.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

doesnt work...
    i dropped the phone and it was tellin me something bout device is not supported. then no sound. its unlocked so not much i can do i changed the back cover and broke the black antanne cover...guess im doomed to speaker phone?

My iPhone is a Part of Me Digital Oxygen's Avatar
    Thanks

Can you get audio through a bluetooth headset?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

dunno dont own one.