+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Factory unlocked 4S on Wind network

is a discussion within the

Other Carriers (Not ATT or T-Mobile)

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
Hey everybody. I recently got a factory unlock through AT&T and I plan on using the phone in Italy on the Wind network. I am wondering if I will be
    My iPhone is a Part of Me thecrunked's Avatar
    Thanks

Default Factory unlocked 4S on Wind network
    Hey everybody. I recently got a factory unlock through AT&T and I plan on using the phone in Italy on the Wind network. I am wondering if I will be required to jailbreak and install packages similar to getting the phone to work on tmobile or if it will just work when I pop in the wind sim. Does anybody have experience with this situation?

Thanks
    Thanked 2,752 Times in 2,642 Posts

Once is factory unlocked, it will support most GSM network and you don't need to install any tweaks. Now the problem is Wind uses a frequency which is not supported by Iphone. We have Wind in Canada and Unlocked iphone does not support it.

My iPhone is a Part of Me thecrunked's Avatar
    Thanks

i know from helping a friend with an unlocked iphone on tmobile that the frequency on their gsm is different as well from att and it required a few tweaks from cydia to get everything working, is there a similar procedure for wind or has that never been fixed. also i wonder if the gsm frequency is the same in canada as it is in italy