+ Reply
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Need some help with Sprint iPhone4s on Straightalk

is a discussion within the

Other Carriers (Not ATT or T-Mobile)

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
Guys I need some help. I have Sprint and just moved to an area with there is no Sprint 3g service. I think I can have sprint let me get
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default Need some help with Sprint iPhone4s on Straightalk
    Guys I need some help.
    I have Sprint and just moved to an area with there is no Sprint 3g service. I think I can have sprint let me get out of the contract because the service sucks.

Anyway, I would like to get straighttalk. I can have sprint unlock my phone but from what I have been reading I still wont be able to use it on the local (USA) GSM carriers and will need to jailbreak it?

I have the latest updated firmware...
    Can you guys please help me out with this? Is it gonna be possible to do? Thanks so much

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

So after doing more research, I determined that Page Plus (on verizon's network) is best for me.

Only problem is, I still need to flash my Sprint iPhone 4s, onto Page Plus.

Can you guys point me to a tutorial or something so that I will be able to do this. I would really appreciate it. Thanks.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,202 Times in 1,924 Posts

Try YouTube. I can't vouch for any method, I haven't seen this done really. Usually people bring their phones to the carrier to do the flash, if the carrier offers the service.

Be careful with doing things like this.

I hear you can flash to metropcs or cricket, but I don't know about page plus.

Anyhow, YouTube has a few vids on flashing a Sprint iPhone. Like I said though, be careful.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Thanks Annie, seems like this will be harder then I thought.

It appears it will be easier to just have GSM unlocked and use Straight talk? I already had spring unlock the phone for me, but I think I need to jailbreak it to actually be able to unlock the local GSM carriers?

IS it easier? Any guides on how to really unlock the GSM to use with straight talk? (I'm sure I can find a guide to jailbreak it).

Thanks

Well if you're wanting to use Straight Talk, there isn't a need to unlock it (if it is an AT&T phone). It uses AT&T towers. The thing is though, there are stipulations to using Straight Talk. Like it has to be a certain SIM. Here are a couple sites you want to look at for the info:

How To: Straight Talk and iPhone - SIM Swap from Nokia Smartphone
    http://wiki.howardforums.com/index.p...ht_Talk_iPhone

I wouldn't say it's any easier lol. I can't verify that this will work with the 4S, thought logically speaking it should. I see the articles include the iP4 and does not mention the 4S but it *should* work if it's a GSM iPhone.

You actually don't need to jailbreak the phone. If you do want to jailbreak it though, the jailbreak is the easiest part.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Actually it is a SPRINT iPhone4s.
    So it is CDMA but ha GSM sim as well. I jail broke it just now

It is unlocked for international carriers by Sprint. But I know it needs to be unblocked for local gsm carriers
    Quote Originally Posted by i.Annie View Post
    Well if you're wanting to use Straight Talk, there isn't a need to unlock it (if it is an AT&T phone). It uses AT&T towers. The thing is though, there are stipulations to using Straight Talk. Like it has to be a certain SIM. Here are a couple sites you want to look at for the info:

How To: Straight Talk and iPhone - SIM Swap from Nokia Smartphone
    http://wiki.howardforums.com/index.p...ht_Talk_iPhone

I wouldn't say it's any easier lol. I can't verify that this will work with the 4S, thought logically speaking it should. I see the articles include the iP4 and does not mention the 4S but it *should* work if it's a GSM iPhone.

You actually don't need to jailbreak the phone. If you do want to jailbreak it though, the jailbreak is the easiest part.

Thanks

You'd have to buy a Gevey Ultra S SIM to unlock it. There are other brands that provide SIMs to unlock a 4S, but I don't have much knowledge on the others. I know for sure Gevey works.

You can get it at applenberry.com

Your device being unlocked for international use will not activate the official unlock until you actually travel abroad, so that's one way to do it lol. If you get that unlock activated by actually going overseas, it will be permanently unlocked for good even when you return. If that's nto an option, then I refer back to the Gevey Ultra S as your unlocking option.

I forgot how much it costs though. It's like $40+ or something. You could also get it officially unlocked for $100 on officialiphoneunlock.co.uk (which is a trusted site that Simon has used himself) if you have that money to spend on it.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Thanks so much. Seems like you are the only one helping me out.

I ordered the Gevey but actually found out today that ATT doesn't work so well in my area and that verizon is much better.
    Still can't find a way to flash it to Page Plus! First time I try to find something online and I'm having so much trouble!

Thanks

Yeah I'm not too experienced with flashing CDMA phones to other CDMA carriers. When it comes to unlocking for GSM carriers it's pretty simple. Flashing is definitely more complicated.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default i need help
    Helo, i have an iphone 4s sprint 5.1.1. i am in Turkey i bought it from here but i does not accept my sim card for activation.

So can anyone help me about this issue? And i dont know wheter it is locked the foreign gsm carriers or not

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by i.Annie View Post
    You'd have to buy a Gevey Ultra S SIM to unlock it. There are other brands that provide SIMs to unlock a 4S, but I don't have much knowledge on the others. I know for sure Gevey works.

You can get it at applenberry.com

Your device being unlocked for international use will not activate the official unlock until you actually travel abroad, so that's one way to do it lol. If you get that unlock activated by actually going overseas, it will be permanently unlocked for good even when you return. If that's nto an option, then I refer back to the Gevey Ultra S as your unlocking option.

I forgot how much it costs though. It's like $40+ or something. You could also get it officially unlocked for $100 on officialiphoneunlock.co.uk (which is a trusted site that Simon has used himself) if you have that money to spend on it.
    Hi, do you know anyone used "officialiphoneunlock.co.uk " to unlock sprint/verizon iphone 4s? Right now in their site they have listed Sprint/Verizon unlock as pre-order.
    Last edited by afsalva; 07-30-2012 at 11:10 AM.

java.lang.IllegalStateException: Location unknown.
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by srcn View Post
    Helo, i have an iphone 4s sprint 5.1.1. i am in Turkey i bought it from here but i does not accept my sim card for activation.

So can anyone help me about this issue? And i dont know wheter it is locked the foreign gsm carriers or not
    It's most likely locked, you'll have to get it unlocked. What baseband are you on?
    Great minds discuss ideas.
    Average minds discuss events.
    Small minds discuss people.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

5.1.1 modem firmware 2.0.12, i had a gevey ultra s and i use with it for now.

Thanks

Well, since a 4S cannot be hacktivated, you're gonna have to get a hold of a Sprint SIM card (some way, some how...) and put it in ther. From there it'll be able to activate and then you can pop your other SIM in there.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

so can anyone send me a sprint sim card

Thanks

You can probably buy an inactive SIM for cheap on eBay or something, if nobody here has one to send you.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by afsalva View Post
    Hi, do you know anyone used "officialiphoneunlock.co.uk " to unlock sprint/verizon iphone 4s? Right now in their site they have listed Sprint/Verizon unlock as pre-order.
    Has anyone tried?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by afsalva View Post
    Has anyone tried?
    It gets good reviews, so I would try it.

Thanks

Yes Simon the moderator here uses that site. He has used it more than once.

Thanks
    Thanked 14,775 Times in 6,871 Posts

They still cant do Sprint or Verizon iPhones though.