+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: 3g sim different that straighttalk

is a discussion within the

Other Carriers (Not ATT or T-Mobile)

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
I tried numerous ways to unlock my iphone 3g to use with straighttalk. Finally I resorted to a factory unlock, done that today, stuck in my straighttalk sim and it
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default 3g sim different that straighttalk
    I tried numerous ways to unlock my iphone 3g to use with straighttalk. Finally I resorted to a factory unlock, done that today, stuck in my straighttalk sim and it still says no sim. I did notice that the original sim has a much larger metal area than my straight talk sim does. The straight talk sim works in my other iphone and the orignal att sim works in the iphone so I know there are no technical problems. I have jailbroke and unlocked two other iphones and have not seen this problem before. Any suggestions to get it to read my straight talk sim?

Thanks
    Thanked 2,202 Times in 1,924 Posts

I don't believe you need an unlock for Straight Talk on the iPhone. It is odd that your SIM works in another iPhone though. AFAIK you'd have to ensure the Straight Talk SIM is activated in the phone it came with and then it should work fine. Have you tried putting it into the Straight Talk phone then putting it into your iPhone 3G again?