+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Red Pocket. Unlock needed to work?

is a discussion within the

Other Carriers (Not ATT or T-Mobile)

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
Hey guys, I bought an iPhone 3G that was not jailbroken and with a non unlockable baseband. When I went to buy it, I put my Red Pocket sim in
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default Red Pocket. Unlock needed to work?
    Hey guys, I bought an iPhone 3G that was not jailbroken and with a non unlockable baseband. When I went to buy it, I put my Red Pocket sim in it and worked perfectly. Then I get home, restored to custom 4.2.1 (pwned) to wipe off the previous owner's stuff and jailbreak. Now it wont get the sim card. It shows the first bar only, like when you put a disconected att sim. I tried toggling airplane mode on n off but it wont search at all. So I loaded the iPad baseband and installed ultrasn0w. Now it works. Im really confused here. Wasnt it supposed to work with its original baseband (I thing 05.16.xx) and withou ultrasn0w??

java.lang.IllegalStateException: Location unknown.
    Thanks

When you restore like that, it automatically updates you to the latest baseband making it not possible to unlock it anymore. You need to preserve the baseband in order for it to accept the SIM on original baseband. You need to have iPad baseband in order for it to work (which you have)
    Great minds discuss ideas.
    Average minds discuss events.
    Small minds discuss people.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

But for Red Pocket it does not require to be unlocked. Please re-read my previous post carefully. It worked before, when it wasnt even jailbroken. Then I restored to custom ipsw and it doesnt work.

Thanks

You got to work if I'm reading it right, correct? I don't really know what to tell ya, that's just kinda odd.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by X H4CK3R X View Post
    You got to work if I'm reading it right, correct? I don't really know what to tell ya, that's just kinda odd.
    Exactly! In theory it should work. I cant think of anything to solve it. And I have 2 iPhone 3G that wont work with Red Pocket nor att untill I install ultrasn0w. The weirdest ever man. Sucks.

Thanks

Just odd... Maybe compatibility issues. But maybe not, That's just odd though.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Well, its not too odd. I just got a 3g 8gb. Same procedure. No Red Pocket signal. I dont get it. Maybe the 06.15.00 is not compatible with Red Pocket? Its all I can think of. It needs to be unlocked to work.
    I also tried a new custom firmware without cydia, just the non baseband upgrade to see it like that it'd work but same results. It will stay at 1 bar until I unlock it.

Thanks

Never seen anything like it before bro. Does the data speed still work pretty fast? Or is it slow?