+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Can't get MMS to work on 3gs (4.3.3) with H20

is a discussion within the

Other Carriers (Not ATT or T-Mobile)

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
I have read a lot here and elsewhere about whether MMS will work on H20 wireless. I got it to work fine on my wife's 3g with 4.1.1, but I
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default Can't get MMS to work on 3gs (4.3.3) with H20
    I have read a lot here and elsewhere about whether MMS will work on H20 wireless. I got it to work fine on my wife's 3g with 4.1.1, but I can't get it to work on my 3gs with 4.3.3. Both phones are jailbroken and my wife's 3g is unlocked though my 3gs is not. (Voice, date, and texting without pics work fine on both phones. The only difference is her 3g texts pics and mine does not).

H20 Wireless told me MMS won't work with anything about 4.1.1. Is that correct? And if I downgrade to 4.1.1 to get the MSS feature, will I have to re-jailbreak, as well as face a lot of other complications?

The configuration settings I'm using are from here: H2O Config File Installation for

I've tried others!

Many thanks for any help offered.

Bob

Thanks

q?
    Did you installed APN editing from cydia if not message me I will tell you how to fix your mms.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Yes, thanks.

After being told by H20 customer service (what a misnomer!) MSS wouldn't work on anything about 4.1.1, I finally got it to work on my 3gs with the following settings:

Cellular Data APN att.mvno

MMS APN att.mvno

MMSC http://mmsc.cingular.com

MMS Proxy 66.209.11.33

MMS Max Message Size 1048576

The key was entering the numeric value for the MMS Proxy instead of "proxy.mvno.H2OMobileweb.com"

Thanks!