+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPhone 4 Straight Talk carrier

is a discussion within the

Other Carriers (Not ATT or T-Mobile)

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
I have searched the web over about this. I'd like to use a at&t carrier logo on my straight talk iPhone 4. My carrier is a plain text "home" if
    iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Default iPhone 4 Straight Talk carrier
    I have searched the web over about this. I'd like to use a at&t carrier logo on my straight talk iPhone 4. My carrier is a plain text "home" if I'm not using MakeitMine. How can I add an HD AT&T carrier logo? After all I am using their network but just through Straight Talks plan...

What's Jailbreak? DarkProphet2088's Avatar
    Thanks

I think u can find the AT&T globe carrier logo on Cydia somewhere.. I used to have it

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by DarkProphet2088 View Post
    I think u can find the AT&T globe carrier logo on Cydia somewhere.. I used to have it
    I have the globe as my signal bars as we speak. However I want to use a default at&t retina logo and all the instructions online dont work because I dont know what carrier bundle Im using in carrier.bundle. In the unknown.bundle there is no straight talk.png file thus my carrier is "Home" in plain text elsewise.

Thanks

If you go to the other thread here about iphone and ST in the straight talk.ipcc file thats posted there is a read me in the file the person that put it together changed the Home to straight talk I think he listed his name or site to look at or it might be the person that listed it I am not sure You might be able to ask there how you could change it,.The carrier list that you would edit is the att carrier.bundle you can find with ifunbox go to raw file system, goto/var/mobile/library/carrier.carrier bundles... click on carrier carrier.bundles and the carrier.plist will be open you'll also need Plist editor,also there is another file below carrier.bundle called operator bundle which has the same info that the other does but what to edit somethink I am not sure of and hoping that people will post the info they have found !!! He did a great job getting the mobileconfig file with all the info but I liked the fact that it had ST in the status bar!!.
    I did want ask you if you have the MMS working on your Ip4 and if so how you got it going,if native or by an app from Cydia if you dont have it working thee is an app@ Cydia that you can buy for 4.99 and well with it,I bought it and it does work to install your APN settings and it will make your MMS rext with Pics and video work,,"Tetherme" because with out that app I am not sure how you would get MMS and APN settings to install natively.
    Why do you want to change the name bact to AT&T ??
    Last edited by vtails; 02-03-2012 at 09:31 PM.

Thanks

To get MMS working I purchased TetherMe from Cydia and followed the directions posted on Howard Forums and now MMS works natively. Google straight talk pan settings and go to settings>network>cellular data (which is the tab that tetherme will add once installed) and input the correct settings.
    Btw I have an awesome straight talk carrier logo that was much easier to install than the way posted above by downloading the free zeppelin tweak and doing a little sshing.
    Last edited by bradmullins007; 02-04-2012 at 01:36 PM.

Thanks

I did my i3g phone with tether at first but I edit carrier setting,I try the same for my Iphone 4 but the code I used was the same lines I used for i3 and it didnt work and there were problems editing commceter to work w/iso 5.0 so I went with Tetherme great app no problems with it ,,but I still would like to put APN in native..
    I found a bunch of the ATT status bar icons right here in D/L.Thanks for info

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by vtails View Post
    I did my i3g phone with tether at first but I edit carrier setting,I try the same for my Iphone 4 but the code I used was the same lines I used for i3 and it didnt work and there were problems editing commceter to work w/iso 5.0 so I went with Tetherme great app no problems with it ,,but I still would like to put APN in native..
    I found a bunch of the ATT status bar icons right here in D/L.Thanks for info
    Not possible.

Thanks

I think that in time someone will figure it out but it wont be with a commceter I think it will be with a bunch of different files but for now Tetherme is the way to go,

Green Apple
    Thanks

FakeOperator works fine for me on IOS5.

Thanks

Does it put the APN icon in the only reason I use tetherme is to get the MMS working and it seems to work well in my i4,but I am having alot of issue with after a crash on J/B it,it keeps crashing the spring board,till I get it stable again I have to use infuse which I cant say is bad,I can see the screen better and that was the main reason I got the iphone.I'll do a search on fake operator

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default Provider Icon Change
    To fix this quick, use: fakecarrier
    Just search in Cydia for fakecarrier
    Super easy to setup.
    I'm on ST but didn't like the "HOME" next to my bars. Weird I know, but AT&T looks better.