+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: group sms on Globe carrier - philippines

is a discussion within the

Other Carriers (Not ATT or T-Mobile)

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
so im here in the philippines on vacation and im having issues with group text. i have no problem sending group text, but when the recipients reply.. the texts are
    My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Default group sms on Globe carrier - philippines
    so im here in the philippines on vacation and im having issues with group text. i have no problem sending group text, but when the recipients reply.. the texts are no longer in a group. the replied text appear as single texts.

when i used my iphone with ATT, i was able to turn on/off group text. but with Globe carrier, that option is no longer there. only related option is MMS Messaging on/off. there is no group text option.

im just wondering if there is an app which will fix this? its really annoying sending a group text to 5 other folks and then having to reply back to each 5 of them. strange thing is, if i use a non iphone.. group sms/mms works with no problem.

tia

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

iMessage should do the trick!

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Wordsmith View Post
    iMessage should do the trick!
    i've had iMessage enabled since day one, but i dont have iMessage comment in the sms/mms input line im using both 3G and wifi, no luck. perhaps it may be related to the fact that im on a pre-pay sim rather then a post pay plan.