+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Need Help! iPhone 4 Signal issues w/red pocket & H2O

is a discussion within the

Other Carriers (Not ATT or T-Mobile)

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
I have a jailbroken Iphone 4 on 5.0.1 currently running a red pocket sim. I was with H2O which I had in a Iphone 3g which was perfect. I could
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Default Need Help! iPhone 4 Signal issues w/red pocket & H2O
    I have a jailbroken Iphone 4 on 5.0.1 currently running a red pocket sim. I was with H2O which I had in a Iphone 3g which was perfect.
    I could have at the least 3 bars anywhere in town even in the middle of nowhere. I bought a iphone 4 and cut the card down to
    a micro sim with no problem. When I made a few calls, I noticed that it was dropping calls left and right. This is weird considering
    I rarely had a dropped call with my 3g. I barely can get 3 bars with my 4 even when I am in a good area. I thought I may have
    cut the sim wrong so I a precut sim from red pocket off ebay (which I was eventaully going to do for more data). I popped it in the phone
    and the same thing happened. Barely any service. I'm not sure what else to do with it. It has an otterbox case on it so tested it without
    it and still get the same result. The phone has other issues (earpiece speaker not working, flash not working) but I really just to better
    my reception. I was thinking of replacing the antenna. Any suggestions?! I want to chunk this thing against a wall.

Thanks

if you have issues with the flash and earpiece there should be a problem with the antenna also, do you know how to replace it ?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Do u know a website where I can get parts? I seen a videos on how to do it.

Livin the iPhone Life BenderRodriguez's Avatar
    Thanks

Is it really that hard to search for "iPhone4 parts" on google? Heck you could even buy a "iphone4 for parts" on eBay then sell what I don't use

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    I've looked on eBay and the only parts I could find for an antenna is a wifi antenna. I found the speaker and flash, but I'm not sure what to look for on the antenna.

Livin the iPhone Life BenderRodriguez's Avatar
    Thanks

If you still have the original piece put the part number(only number on it probably) all by itself into google and there u go