+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: At&t iphone 4 unlocking to work with sprint

is a discussion within the

Other Carriers (Not ATT or T-Mobile)

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
OK so ive been buying alot of iphones for awhile now trying to figure out how to get them on the sprint network accoriding to the sprint techs they wont
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Question At&t iphone 4 unlocking to work with sprint
    OK so ive been buying alot of iphones for awhile now trying to figure out how to get them on the sprint network accoriding to the sprint techs they wont allow you too use any other carrier on there network but i know thats a lie because i went to a tech convention and people should me there verizon and at&t iphones on sprint networks and even metro pcs. so now i want to figure out how to do this. the new iphone 4s according too all the carriers have a sim card for internation use. i have been told that if you take a sprint sim card and put it in the at&t iphone that it will work and it wont work from different kinds of people so i am looking for help please. i have my at&t iphone 4. 5.0.1 jailbroken already and unlocked but i need technical help and experiences people who have tried this before and may have done this before. thank you

Thanks
    Thanked 2,753 Times in 2,643 Posts

You are comparing oranges and apples. Both iphones have different hardwares and frequency and you can't change it.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,141 Times in 891 Posts

Sprint doesn't have sim cards. The use ESN numbers to connect to the network.

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

here is some good reading which discuss why a dual band (gsm/cdma) phone does not work.

In-Depth: Why iPhone 4S Can’t use CDMA on GSM Networks | PhoneNews.com

Thanks

Are the new iPhone 4 hybrid gsm/CDMA like the 4s? I don't know because I've never had to fix one yet. If so then theoretically an AT&T phone should work on sprints network. The gsm radio is the locked part of the AT&T phone and as long as sprint allowed your esn on their network it should work.

Thanks

No, the New iPhone 4 that looks like the 4S doesn't have a SIM card slot

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by shsean1love View Post
    OK so ive been buying alot of iphones for awhile now trying to figure out how to get them on the sprint network accoriding to the sprint techs they wont allow you too use any other carrier on there network but i know thats a lie because i went to a tech convention and people should me there verizon and at&t iphones on sprint networks and even metro pcs. so now i want to figure out how to do this. the new iphone 4s according too all the carriers have a sim card for internation use. i have been told that if you take a sprint sim card and put it in the at&t iphone that it will work and it wont work from different kinds of people so i am looking for help please. i have my at&t iphone 4. 5.0.1 jailbroken already and unlocked but i need technical help and experiences people who have tried this before and may have done this before. thank you
    I have an UNLOCKED IPHONE 4s v6.1.2 using AT&T sim card... my kid has an IPHONE 4s v6.1.2 on SPRINT network, what's weird is when I pop the SIM card little slot thing she has a SIM card in there... SO I tried to put her card in my IPHONE 4s AT&T phone and it spent awhile searching for network and didn't find one...I did not get a NO SIM CARD Error it just didn't find network, my kid with the sprint phone turned hers on without the SIM card and BANG it worked fine without a card, she could make calls everything... I'm not sure what the SIM card is used for on a SPRINT IPHONE 4s ??? She had all her numbers and messages so it's not storage - I'm trying to get the AT&T IPHONE 4s to work on SPRINT... looking for ideas or links ... send some over..!!!

Thanks
    Thanked 15,269 Times in 7,004 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by sorcefm View Post
    I have an UNLOCKED IPHONE 4s v6.1.2 using AT&T sim card... my kid has an IPHONE 4s v6.1.2 on SPRINT network, what's weird is when I pop the SIM card little slot thing she has a SIM card in there... SO I tried to put her card in my IPHONE 4s AT&T phone and it spent awhile searching for network and didn't find one...I did not get a NO SIM CARD Error it just didn't find network, my kid with the sprint phone turned hers on without the SIM card and BANG it worked fine without a card, she could make calls everything... I'm not sure what the SIM card is used for on a SPRINT IPHONE 4s ??? She had all her numbers and messages so it's not storage - I'm trying to get the AT&T IPHONE 4s to work on SPRINT... looking for ideas or links ... send some over..!!!
    It is used for international roaming on GSM networks.