+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Red Pocket MMS settings clear on reset

is a discussion within the

Other Carriers (Not ATT or T-Mobile)

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
i have used Unlockit - APN Changer for your iPhone red pocket profile and the internet apn stays great but i doesnt install the mms settings which are here Mobile
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Angry Red Pocket MMS settings clear on reset
    i have used Unlockit - APN Changer for your iPhone red pocket profile and the internet apn stays great but i doesnt install the mms settings which are here Mobile Carrier Settings for Red Pocket United States

i put them in manually and they stay until i reset the phone. then the mms settings clear and ai cannot send mms messages. has anyone else had this problem? is there a way to manually edit a file in the phone so that it sets my mms everytime as default? i tried already editing the com.apple.mms_override.plist to no avail. please if anyone has suggestions i would really appreciate it since its a pain in the back side to reinput all the settings every restart.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by guysmilez View Post
    i have used Unlockit - APN Changer for your iPhone red pocket profile and the internet apn stays great but i doesnt install the mms settings which are here Mobile Carrier Settings for Red Pocket United States

i put them in manually and they stay until i reset the phone. then the mms settings clear and ai cannot send mms messages. has anyone else had this problem? is there a way to manually edit a file in the phone so that it sets my mms everytime as default? i tried already editing the com.apple.mms_override.plist to no avail. please if anyone has suggestions i would really appreciate it since its a pain in the back side to reinput all the settings every restart.
    I have the same problem u are having but im using h2o wireless and i haven't been able to fix it look into this link and ck post #7 i haven't try it but if you want u can try it and let me know if it work for you.

losing mms setting everytime i restart?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by fairlaidy View Post
    I have the same problem u are having but im using h2o wireless and i haven't been able to fix it look into this link and ck post #7 i haven't try it but if you want u can try it and let me know if it work for you.

losing mms setting everytime i restart?
    no its not working for me and the leimobile thing only has tmobile settings

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by guysmilez View Post
    no its not working for me and the leimobile thing only has tmobile settings
    You are using H2O and do you have a jailbroken iPhone ?????

If you have a jailbroken iPhone and you are trying to setup mms for h2o I can help you!

If you have a jailbroken iPhone I can help you

Green Apple
    Thanks

[QUOTE=duromega;6332625]You are using H2O and do you have a jailbroken iPhone ?????

If you have a jailbroken iPhone and you are trying to setup mms for h2o I can help you!

ok im with h2o maybe you can help me like i said before my mms are working fine but if i turn my phone off and back on the mms will be erase and i haven't been able to fix that problem.

thanks.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I have a jailbroken iphone and i think its the same process of keeping the mms settings for red pocket

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

May I missed something somewhere or am just lucky, but about 3 weeks ago I received an AT&T locked iPhone 4 (iOS 5.0.1, baseband 4.11.08, out of contract). I took an H2O SIM card and put it in my old (jailbroken) iPhone 3G (iOS 3.x.x) and activated the card on line. I then removed the H2O SIM from the 3G and put it in the iPhone 4 (after cutting it down to micro-size of course), and it worked fine. Seeing the posts here, YouTube videos, etc about changing APN's, etc. to get MMS, I just tested mine and it sent a text msg with a photo attached no problem. No jailbreaking, no editing, etc.

Since H2O is periodically modifying their terms of service (just went from 2 Gbyte to 1 Gbyte per month of data for the same $60 plan), I plan on trying Red Pocket when my monthly renewal date comes up next week.

One thing I do not think** I have done yet is a hard reset to the iPhone 4. If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

So I guess my question is, is the fact that I have an AT&T locked phone the reason why my MMS is working? Is it the way I activated the H2O SIM (my previous provider on the jailbroken 3G was T-Mobile)? Any tests I can do for the team here to clarify what's happening, or has this been discussed in another thread?

** The mind is the second thing to go, I forget what the first thing is.
    Last edited by lsupremo; 01-15-2012 at 09:05 PM.

My iPhone is a Part of Me Jj2345's Avatar
    Thanks

I'm thinking of leaving as well,infact today all my friends and I can't even make calls with h2o for some strange reason

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by lsupremo View Post
    May I missed something somewhere or am just lucky, but about 3 weeks ago I received an AT&T locked iPhone 4 (iOS 5.0.1, baseband 4.11.08, out of contract). I took an H2O SIM card and put it in my old (jailbroken) iPhone 3G (iOS 3.x.x) and activated the card on line. I then removed the H2O SIM from the 3G and put it in the iPhone 4 (after cutting it down to micro-size of course), and it worked fine. Seeing the posts here, YouTube videos, etc about changing APN's, etc. to get MMS, I just tested mine and it sent a text msg with a photo attached no problem. No jailbreaking, no editing, etc.

Since H2O is periodically modifying their terms of service (just went from 2 Gbyte to 1 Gbyte per month of data for the same $60 plan), I plan on trying Red Pocket when my monthly renewal date comes up next week.

One thing I do not think** I have done yet is a hard reset to the iPhone 4. If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

So I guess my question is, is the fact that I have an AT&T locked phone the reason why my MMS is working? Is it the way I activated the H2O SIM (my previous provider on the jailbroken 3G was T-Mobile)? Any tests I can do for the team here to clarify what's happening, or has this been discussed in another thread?

** The mind is the second thing to go, I forget what the first thing is.
    "Problem" solved (unfortunately). I wanted to see if my wife's 4S would also send MMS using my H2O SIM, I swapped mine for hers (AT&T under contract). The answer (of course) was that it would not. And upon swapping SIMs back, I found that I could no longer send/receive SMS messages (. What I conjecture happened is that in the swapping of SIM's some data was changed in my iPhone 4. Oh well, win some, lose some...

Next step is getting a Red Pocket SIM activated while in my Jailbroken iPhone 3G, then put it in the iPhone 4 and see what the MMS status is. Still about a week away until my current month expires, stay tuned.
    Last edited by lsupremo; 01-16-2012 at 11:53 AM.