+ Reply
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: WORKING H20 mms/data on iPhone 4S & 4

is a discussion within the

Other Carriers (Not ATT or T-Mobile)

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
1- You need a jail broken iPhone to start with. Tethered or untethered (depends on version) doesn't really matter because you will be restoring from backup and lose your jailbreak
    Thanks

Default WORKING H20 mms/data on iPhone 4S & 4
    1- You need a jail broken iPhone to start with. Tethered or untethered (depends on version) doesn't really matter because you will be restoring from backup and lose your jailbreak anyways

2- Install tetherme and just change the apn ONLY to (att.mvno)

3- Reboot your iPhone

4- Make sure the data/mms is working (Very important for the next step to work)

5- Back up your iPhone & name it (H20 mms/data) just an example

6- Now all you have to do is RESTORE from backup and you are good to go!!!

WILL WORK WITH YOUR IPHONE 4S, IPHONE 4, IPHONE 3GS & 3G. I have been using this method for a while now with no problems at all. Enjoy :-)
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails WORKING H20 mms/data on iPhone 4S & 4-photo-3.png   WORKING H20 mms/data on iPhone 4S & 4-photo-2.png   WORKING H20 mms/data on iPhone 4S & 4-photo-1.png  

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by moiphones View Post
    1- You need a jail broken iPhone to start with. Tethered or untethered (depends on version) doesn't really matter because you will be restoring from backup and lose your jailbreak anyways

2- Install tetherme and just change the apn ONLY to (att.mvno)

3- Reboot your iPhone

4- Make sure the data/mms is working (Very important for the next step to work)

5- Back up your iPhone & name it (H20 mms/data) just an example

6- Now all you have to do is RESTORE from backup and you are good to go!!!

WILL WORK WITH YOUR IPHONE 4S, IPHONE 4, IPHONE 3GS & 3G. I have been using this method for a while now with no problems at all. Enjoy :-)

* U can update to any version, new iPhone and just Restore from backup (H20 mms/data) since some versions theres no JB out yet like the 4S *

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

hey, does a iphone 4 on iOS5 have to be unlocked? i have a unlocked iphone 4 that is working with H20
    but my locked iphone 4 on the lastest firmware and it just says invalid Sim.. does it have to be jailbroken?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Hi i fallowed step by step your procedure but it didn't worked, what i noticed is that my back up did not save any of the network setting because i remembered that prior back up saved even the wifi passwords, any suggestion email me at [email protected], thank you i will really appreciate it.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mrsancheezz View Post
    hey, does a iphone 4 on iOS5 have to be unlocked? i have a unlocked iphone 4 that is working with H20
    but my locked iphone 4 on the lastest firmware and it just says invalid Sim.. does it have to be jailbroken?
    If the iPhone it's for AT&T it doesn't have to be unlocked if it's says invalid sim with a h2o sim card it's not a AT&T iPhone !!!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Raul Gomez View Post
    Hi i fallowed step by step your procedure but it didn't worked, what i noticed is that my back up did not save any of the network setting because i remembered that prior back up saved even the wifi passwords, any suggestion email me at [email protected], thank you i will really appreciate it.
    Raul do you have an iPhone 4S ?
    I found a way to setup MMS with H2O Wireless w/o jailbreak necessary !!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by duromega View Post
    If the iPhone it's for AT&T it doesn't have to be unlocked if it's says invalid sim with a h2o sim card it's not a AT&T iPhone !!!
    I have problems getting service with my iphone 4 on 5.0.1.
    I dont get it why I'm not getting service. I just get No Service everytime I put in the h2o sim card.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mrsancheezz View Post
    I have problems getting service with my iphone 4 on 5.0.1.
    I dont get it why I'm not getting service. I just get No Service everytime I put in the h2o sim card.
    Is the sim card activated ?
    Can you try the sim in another phone ?

Green Apple
    Thanks

Can u let me know how can I mms with h2o w/o jailbreak thanks for any info

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Hi! I'm new to this forum. I have been searching everywhere for a way to set up mms for h2o wireless on the new 4s. I'm on the latest OS, and the phone is factory unlocked. There is no jailbreak out for it yet, and you mentioned that you knew how to set it up, care to share? I would really appreciate it. I also tried inserting a T-mobile sim, to open up the network preferences, which worked....but they disappeared as soon as I popped the H2o card back in

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Oh, I figured it out...I'm an idiot. The sim swap did not work because I forgot to delete the apn settings that were installed through h2o wireless config file (also won't work if you have unlockit apn changer file installed).

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by vannac View Post
    Oh, I figured it out...I'm an idiot. The sim swap did not work because I forgot to delete the apn settings that were installed through h2o wireless config file (also won't work if you have unlockit apn changer file installed).
    No you don't have to delete the H2O profile, just do it the way I told you in the pvt message

Thanks

I've made a video to show you guys how to get MMS on the iPhone 4S with H2O
    please thank me

iPhone 4S H2O Wireless MMS Setting with no Jailbreak necessary - YouTube

14. The Following User Says Thank You to duromega For This Useful Post:

fairlaidy (02-26-2012)

Thanks
    Hey guys,

We have just created custom packages that will automatically setup your MMS for either H20, Simple Mobile, or Tmobile (straight talk and Red Pocket are in the works). We also have lots of useful packages for the cellphone repair professional. To access this stuff just enter the following source into your Cydia Manage Folder.

www.HookUpCellular.com/repo

Once you intstall the MMS config file reboot your phone and enter in the APN in settings and you have MMS!

H20 APN - att.mvno
    Simple APN - simple
    Tmobile APN - epc.tmobile.com

Jj
    Apple Tech
    HookUp Cellular - Prepaid Plans, Replacement Parts and Cellphone Repair in Phoenix Arizona USA
    American iPad Repair
    No sig spam, please read rules. Thanks.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to midgetwithatophat For This Useful Post:

rurena (06-19-2012)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

...Alright after 2 weeks of doing EVERYTHING that is out there. Nothing is working. I did what moiphones told me to do, duromega (which is insane that the glitch works), and I have every repo and tetherme from each repo. As well as used every setting combo with every proxy, MMS Max message size and MMS UA Prof URL. So my question is how should I destroy my phone?

I am getting super fed up with this. I had the iPhone 4, 5.0.1 with H20 and data and mms both working with just simply jailbreaking, sinfuliphone and then tetherme. It was that simple. Then 2 weeks ago I got a iPhone 4s from newegg.com and mms is not working with anything. I know there are others who had this problem. I just want to know what else can I do?

also www.HookUpCellular.com/repo does not exist!

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by RINTHAL View Post
    We have installed this source on 15+ iPhones since your post and the source has been live every time. It sounds like you may have got a bad iPhone from NewEgg? For our packages you do not need to download tetherme as we have already included the "show cellular data network" function that this provides. Simply install the package, reboot and enter your APN. After this your picture messaging should work 100% of the time (just remember to turn your data roaming ON)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

We have installed this source on 15+ iPhones since your post and the source has been live every time. It sounds like you may have got a bad iPhone from NewEgg? For our packages you do not need to download tetherme as we have already included the "show cellular data network" function that this provides. Simply install the package, reboot and enter your APN. After this your picture messaging should work 100% of the time (just remember to turn your data roaming ON)
    Naw Brawh
    WORKING H20 mms/data on iPhone 4S & 4-photo.png

Thanks
    I appreciate you taking the time to upload the photo but I do not see how you have spelled the repo, perhaps you are not including the http:? I have just added it to another phone, here is a screen shot for you.
    WORKING H20 mms/data on iPhone 4S & 4-photo.png

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I am copying and pasting it from the browser on your post to cydia including the full url with http:// but its okay man. I am just gonna hit up new egg and have them send me a new phone. I am just frustrated because i had everything working on my iphone4 a few weeks ago. And also I might just go with red pocket in a few days anyways because of h20's 1g data cap at $60. Red pocket same $60 for 2g anyways sry to be pissy!!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default Here are my settings on h20 iPhone 4s for anyone who's looking
    First uninstalled any profiles go 2 this link on your phone http://www.locusapi.com/pcs/apn.php installed H20 use tetherme 2 input att.mvno for mms n use proxy.mvno.H2OMobileweb.com:80...yea da 1gb cap sucks
    JET LIFE 2 DA NEXT LIFE