Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPhone 3gs Jailbreak to 02

Default iPhone 3gs Jailbreak to 02
    Hi all,

so I own a repairs shop and I purchased a iPhone 3gs logicboard. I've rebuilt a whole iphone and got the phone working. The issue I'm having is everyone is on 02 for some reason, when I go to the settings I see the phone carrier is "Orange" I've jailbroken the iPhone as the buyer of the mobile would like to use it abroad using his french SIM.

In the meantime I just want to make sure the phone is working fine and I've tried unlocking the phone to 02 (just to test the calls)

I'm using a iPhone 4.3.5 tethered. (3gs) the has cydia installed and also has ultrasn0w installed now. what do I need to do to unlock the phone to 02? where do I need to go from here? do I need to put any specific codes in for 02 because the phone is still showing the first and only bar.

Thanks
    Chris

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

You might have to restore & activate the phone with a SIM of the carrier the iPhone was originally locked to (Orange, maybe?), then unlock using ultrasn0w. That might make the 'one bar of service'/no carrier logo issue disappear.

Also, note that ultrasn0w only unlocks certain basebands, so make sure the baseband/modem on the iPhone is one ultrasn0w can unlock (04.26.08, 05.11.07, 05.12.01, 05.13.04, 06.15.00). Otherwise, you'll just have to find a way to unlock it through the original carrier, through a third-party IMEI unlocker, or updating the phone to the iPad baseband (06.15.00) with redsn0w/sn0wbreeze/pwnagetool.

Hope this helps.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,202 Times in 1,924 Posts

Just a note: the iPad bb upgrade can break the GPS so just ensure that whoever you're selling it to won't need the GPS in the foreign country he's going to ...