+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Factory Unlocked iPhone 3GS with baseband 6.15.00, Need some help, please!

is a discussion within the

Other Carriers (Not ATT or T-Mobile)

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
I have factory unlocked iPhone 3GS now running on Firmware 4.3.3 and Baseband 6.15.00 I was given this iPhone from HongKong as it is Original Unlocked from Factory. Now my
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default Factory Unlocked iPhone 3GS with baseband 6.15.00, Need some help, please!
    I have factory unlocked iPhone 3GS now running on Firmware 4.3.3 and Baseband 6.15.00

I was given this iPhone from HongKong as it is Original Unlocked from Factory.

Now my question is:

If I restore to other version ( upgrade or downgrade ), will i still need to use ultrasn0w to get GSM signal or I don't need ?

If I restore to iOS 5 latest Beta or older beta, do I still need ultrasnow to get GSM signal ?

I am not dare to mess up this iPhone yet because if it would not work, I better stay away from any new versions of iOS. Jailbreaking is not in much need if possible.

I hope expert here would help me, Thanks in advance.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Why would anyone in their right mind upgrade their baseband to 6.15 on a FACTORY UNLOCKED phone? Either you were lied to or know someone extremely stupid. Anyways if its factory unlocked then you wont need ultrasn0w, but you cannot upgrade to any stock firmware because of the custom baseband. You need to find either a custom firmware or make it yourself using sn0wbreeze

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by sfkassem View Post
    Why would anyone in their right mind upgrade their baseband to 6.15 on a FACTORY UNLOCKED phone? Either you were lied to or know someone extremely stupid. Anyways if its factory unlocked then you wont need ultrasn0w, but you cannot upgrade to any stock firmware because of the custom baseband. You need to find either a custom firmware or make it yourself using sn0wbreeze
    I have no idea why the previous owner has done it like this to upgrade to iPad baseband.
    But are you sure that without ultrasn0w it will be usable and has GSM signal? What if I upgrade to iOS5 Beta7 will it has GSM signal too ?

Green Apple
    Thanks

If your phone is genuinely factory unlocked, then you will be able to activate it with any sim and it will work without a jailbreak or ultrasn0w

Thanks
    Thanked 15,101 Times in 6,940 Posts

I hear there are activation issues with 6.15 baseband on 5.0 betas. Havent tried it myself though.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

I agree on why would that baseband be used. Are you sure it's factory unlocked?

Thanks

It's easy to prove it , uninstall ultrasn0w put your simcard = invalid sim card ? = they screw you ;(