+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iphone 4 on simple mobile

is a discussion within the

Other Carriers (Not ATT or T-Mobile)

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
i have a iphone 4 32gig 4.3.3. i have simple mobile on my phone,calling and texting work but the mms an internet dos not work. made sure that the 3g
    Thanks

Default iphone 4 on simple mobile
    i have a iphone 4 32gig 4.3.3. i have simple mobile on my phone,calling and texting work but the mms an internet dos not work. made sure that the 3g was off. does anyboy have the correct settings that are working right now

Thanks

Did you turn on data roaming? And are you using the official gevey sim from applenberry?
    And for the MMS I gave up trying to get that to work so I downloaded an app from the app store called textnow and I use that only if I wanna sent or receive pics.
    Hope this helps

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

i also have iphone 4 on simple mobile running 4.3.3 with a gevey ultra unlock. i used bby's i4mms app to make internet, facetime and mms work. there is a thread on how to install it. just do some research on this modmyi.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

hey maybe one of u guys can help me out. im new to the whole unlocking iphone stuff. i have simple mobile as well and i want the iphone 4. what do i have to do to get it to work on simple mobile? is there more than one way to do it and which is the best? and what about updates? sorry i am a noob so can u please dumb it down lol. i have only unlocked and messed with htc and blackberry b4. thanks

Thanks

Why using simple Mobile on an iPhone when there's h2o wireless $60 unlimited everything free international calling , global SMS you get 3G data and with simple mobile you just get 2G with h2o you NO NEED TO UNLOCK works like AT&T , remember you always can keep your current number

6. The Following User Says Thank You to duromega For This Useful Post:

fairlaidy (10-09-2011)

Thanks

I agree with duromega,h2o wireless is the best carrier a iPhone user can get,my mom has a iPhone 4 using h2o and she is now able to use 3G speeds and she can even tether using the hotspot feature.and all for $60 a month.Im even planning on canceling my AT&T contrat for h2o

iPhone? More like MyPhone usmcxmodmyi's Avatar
    Thanks

Guys i have my iPhone4 iOS5 with baseband 1.59.00 on Simple Mobile , jailbroken and unlocked with ultrasnow with MMS,Facetime,regular texts, internet, everything working except iMessage, which i really dont care for since i have unlimited texts and mms with Simple Mobile. So it is possible to get it to work if u take the right steps, and the reason for using Simple Mobile is that is $40 for unlimited everythinnnngggg. Cant beat that, and actually i have tested it with my sister's 3g speed from att and u cant even tell the difference. Now if anyone has any issues in particular that they need help with i'll be around for a while so feel free to ask me.
    Mod away...

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by usmcxmodmyi View Post
    Guys i have my iPhone4 iOS5 with baseband 1.59.00 on Simple Mobile , jailbroken and unlocked with ultrasnow with MMS,Facetime,regular texts, internet, everything working except iMessage, which i really dont care for since i have unlimited texts and mms with Simple Mobile. So it is possible to get it to work if u take the right steps, and the reason for using Simple Mobile is that is $40 for unlimited everythinnnngggg. Cant beat that, and actually i have tested it with my sister's 3g speed from att and u cant even tell the difference. Now if anyone has any issues in particular that they need help with i'll be around for a while so feel free to ask me.
    Can you please explain how you got that to work? I have a 3GS, with Simple Mobile, I upgraded to iOS5 with Snowbreeze, BB 6.15.00, etc. Everything worked perfectly before, but since I upgraded to iOS 5 I cant pick up signal, I have the cellular data tab thingy with all the right info, but it doesn't work! Please guide me to the light! lmao.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    How can u use an iphone on simple mobile when the phone is not listed at;
    http://www.mysimplemobile.com/Simple...-Approved.aspx

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I'm assuming that's the list of phones that all you gotta do is pop in the sim card. But they DO have iPhone support, go to the activate page and look for "iPhone" on the left.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by MarkN62 View Post
    How can u use an iphone on simple mobile when the phone is not listed at;
    SIMPLE Mobile | Approved Phones
    You will need a gevey turbo sim card with your simple mobile sim inorder to get it working right

iPhone? More like MyPhone usmcxmodmyi's Avatar
    Thanks

There is no need for a "Gevey" sim card or anything else at all other than your "SimpleMobile" sim card. After you have jailbroken your iphone4 you can unlock as long as you have preserved your baseband with snowbreeze, i have an iPhone4 on 5.0 with baseband 01.59.00 as i have always preserved it throughout all my firmware updates from 4.0.1 to 5.0. So once you have jailbroken and preserved your baseband then go to Cydia and search for "ultrasn0w" and install it, i did it with my "SimpleMobile" sim card already in and have always done it like this for over a year that i have had it so im assuming there is no need to take it out. After installing "ultrasn0w" and rebooting then it should read your "SimpleMobile" sim card withing a few seconds, if it doesnt right away then toggle your "airplane mode" on and off and wait a few seconds. At this point you should be able to make calls and text but to get your mms working go into Cydia and add this sources...#1 http://beta.leimobile.com/repo/ and #2 Index of /cydia, after installing those sources go back and from the first one download "Simple Mobile MMS Fix" and from the other download "com.guilleme.iphonedelivery" and respring, after you respring go to your Settings app and go to General/Network/and make sure your 3g its set to "off" at all times and Cellular Data set to "on" as well as Data Roaming, then tap on Cellular Data Network and type "simple" under Cellular Data/APN as well as MMS/APN, type simple under both and the rest of your MMS settings should already be there after installing the "Simple Mobile MMS Fix" package. if not go back and reinstall. After all those settings are there then you should be able to make calls/text/and send mms with no problems at all i have had it and taken the same steps for over a years so its more than tested, there should be no reason for it not to work if you do it right, please take your time when doing all of this. Then if you want your Facetime to work just send me a personal mssg and i will send you the instructions.
    Mod away...

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

i have iphone 4 too, 4.3.3 base band 04.01.10 jailbroken and unlock with ultra gevey, works fine with AT&T but they plan is expensive for No contract, worked with H20 but CAN'T send text international even with $60 plan,( used international text alot) and H20 only able to RECEIVE international text . tried few times with simple mobile have unlimited texting for $40 plan which is what im looking for but has no luck had been try to put APN manually too. anybody can help ? really frustrating with this, and do i have always call 112 even use gevey ultra everytime i switch simcard?
    Last edited by szarytea; 01-13-2012 at 07:51 PM. Reason: missing word

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default I just wish H2O was as cheap as SimpleMobile...
    Quote Originally Posted by duromega View Post
    Why using simple Mobile on an iPhone when there's h2o wireless $60 unlimited everything free international calling , global SMS you get 3G data and with simple mobile you just get 2G with h2o you NO NEED TO UNLOCK works like AT&T , remember you always can keep your current number
    I just wish H2O was as cheap as SimpleMobile -which is only $40 per month for unlimited talk/text/3G Web (if you don't have an iPhone )

mbr
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I suggest you call Simple's customer service and ask them to e-mail the correct settings for the iPhone. I just did that for my 3gs and the settings were completely different than what they have on their website. You will have to manually enter the settings into your phone.
    Now I can send mms to a phone and/or e-mail.

Thanks

Default iphone on simple
    Quote Originally Posted by MacMan24 View Post
    i have a iphone 4 32gig 4.3.3. i have simple mobile on my phone,calling and texting work but the mms an internet dos not work. made sure that the 3g was off. does anyboy have the correct settings that are working right now
    JUST GOOGLE i4mms

My iPhone is a Part of Me Susty's Avatar
    Thanks

Failing that, use this

http://www.unlockit.co.nz/

Enables you to put correct settings for your network. Just browse straight from Safari.

And follow the instructions obviously