+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: HELP HELP HELP!!! H2O APN Settings

is a discussion within the

Other Carriers (Not ATT or T-Mobile)

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
I just got my sister in law and Unlocked and jailbroken Iphone 3GS on 4.2.1 and I put it on H2O's unlimited talk,text,MMS and 50MB web plan. I had her
    Green Apple
    Thanks
    Default HELP HELP HELP!!! H2O APN Settings
    I just got my sister in law and Unlocked and jailbroken Iphone 3GS on 4.2.1 and I put it on H2O's unlimited talk,text,MMS and 50MB web plan. I had her add the [no war3z please] repo and download the MMS and thethering fix. She then shut off and turned back. The Cellular Data Network Tab was not visible. It just allows here to turn on and off. What do I need to do to get this to work without actually going into the iphone files and change plist because she is 1500 miles away and not that familiar with the iphone. Does it make a difference if she sets up the tethering?

She also asked me if the square app she uses to run credit cards is using the internet or not becase she only has 50mb a month.

ALL of your help is greatly appreciated

Thank You
    Last edited by Orby; 10-04-2011 at 03:07 AM.

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Newiphone27 View Post
    I just got my sister in law and Unlocked and jailbroken Iphone 3GS on 4.2.1 and I put it on H2O's unlimited talk,text,MMS and 50MB web plan. I had her add the [no war3z please] repo and download the MMS and thethering fix. She then shut off and turned back. The Cellular Data Network Tab was not visible. It just allows here to turn on and off. What do I need to do to get this to work without actually going into the iphone files and change plist because she is 1500 miles away and not that familiar with the iphone. Does it make a difference if she sets up the tethering?

She also asked me if the square app she uses to run credit cards is using the internet or not becase she only has 50mb a month.

ALL of your help is greatly appreciated

Thank You
    Yes, the Square app will use data when she is not on wifi, so that may be an issue with the limited data on the H2O plan. I do not know how much dat the app uses, only that it does require data (authentication of CC numbers, 'depositing' into accounts, etc).

As for the no 'cellular data tab' or no tethering issue, see if resetting network settings will help (Settings-->General-->Reset-->Reset Network Settings). If not, than it probably means the programs didn't install correctly or work with the firmware (IMHO, avoid using anything from the xs... repo, since you can't be 100% certain the [potentially cracked] tweak/app is compatible with the firmware on her device). If the tweak is compatible with the firmware, then it might to be reinstalled and/or a restore and rejailbreak might be necessary.

ADDENDUM: Can you find out what her device says in the About screen (Settings-->General-->About) regarding 'Carrier?' If it says 'Unknown' or something along the lines of unavailable, then there's a problem that can't really be fixed without restoring the phone.

If you don't want to rejailbreak the phone and only need data (not MMS or tethering), then you can grab the iPhone Configuration Utility and create a 'Profile'/mobileconfig that should work on her device. The APN is 'att.mvno' (no quotes) and you'll have to search online for H2O's proxy info (I don't know it off hand and have no means/time to search extensively right now). Once the mobileconfig is made, then send the file to her email, have her open it and install.
    Last edited by Orby; 10-04-2011 at 03:08 AM. Reason: ADDENDUM, mod editing quote
    Member of the hackint0sh forums.
    HowardForums Member: Haas_Dave

Thanks

iPhone 4 on 4.3.3 with H2O WIRELESS this is what u need to have a 100% working iphone 4 with H2O WIRELESS.

1. iPhone

2. H2O micro sim

3. Cydia

4. TetherMe from cydia

5. My3G from Cydia

6. In cellular data network only change both APN TO att.mvno all lower case leve everthing else alone.

If u have any questions please send me a msg or call 1-888-839-8156

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

i have 2 questions:
    got iphone 4 4.3.1 jailbroken and unlocked by Gevey sim.
    activated a H2O $60 unlimited everything plan.
    have problem to activate facetime, when turning ON getting back a text message with letters and numbers but activatiion ended up unsuccessful!!! is there a way to activate?
    also for vvm, don't have the tub under cellular network data, only have the APN and the MMS can you advise how can i get it?

Thanks

Ok this is what u do take the gevey sim out and just put in h2o wireless sim in the phone only.then restart the phone thin go to cydia download My3G thin u should be good to go and the only thing don't work with h2o I'd vvm

Green Apple
    Thanks

Can you tether on the unlimited everything plan without the getting a text like you would if you had AT&T directly?

Thanks

Yes u can just download pdanet from cydia

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by dhwireless View Post
    Ok this is what u do take the gevey sim out and just put in h2o wireless sim in the phone only.then restart the phone thin go to cydia download My3G thin u should be good to go and the only thing don't work with h2o I'd vvm
    my phone is not AT&T phone but Canadian Rogers phone, that's why i need the Gevey sim.
    i have already installed My3G a while ago but that does not help.
    any other ideas? doyou think i still need to take out the Gevey sim and try without? but the phoe won't work for sure...

Yes i can tether with no problem with this plan without any text message!!!

Thanks

What phone do u have . If it's a iPhone take the gevey sim out . My3g makes FaceTime work why u on 3G.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

yes i have Iphone 4 but locked to Rogers.
    if i'll take the Gevey sim out i won't get access to the 3g network...

Thanks

Ok over there is Rogers and over here is AT&T is the h2o wireless working ok if so that mean AT&T is working over there or it's working off of Rogers network take the gevey out and just put the h2o wireless sim in and restart your phone.

Thanks

iPhone 4 on 4.3.3 with H2O WIRELESS this is what u need to have a 100% working iphone 4 with H2O WIRELESS.

1. iPhone

2. H2O micro sim

3. Cydia

4. TetherMe from cydia

5. My3G from Cydia

6. In cellular data network only change both APN TO att.mvno all lower case leve everthing else alone.

If u have any questions please send me a msg or call 1-888-839-8156 were open 24/7

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default Vvm
    for visual voice mail just simply download you mail from cydia

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Maccabist View Post
    i have 2 questions:
    got iphone 4 4.3.1 jailbroken and unlocked by Gevey sim.
    activated a H2O $60 unlimited everything plan.
    have problem to activate facetime, when turning ON getting back a text message with letters and numbers but activatiion ended up unsuccessful!!! is there a way to activate?
    also for vvm, don't have the tub under cellular network data, only have the APN and the MMS can you advise how can i get it?
    Buddy with h2o you don't need the gevey because h2o it's uses AT&T network maybe that's why you have the issue

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by duromega View Post
    Buddy with h2o you don't need the gevey because h2o it's uses AT&T network maybe that's why you have the issue
    The iPhone in question is locked to Rogers, not AT&T.

Also, that repo in the OP? NO. Thanks!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default iphone 4 h20 with gevey
    the reason that he needs a gevey sim in order for the h2o to work is because his iphone is not from the u.s even if he used a att simcard with it he would still need a gevey i have the same type of iphone. also i need to know how to make facetime work while using the gevey sim my 3g doesnt work there has to be some way to make it work.