+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Iphone working on ANY network unlock....

is a discussion within the

Other Carriers (Not ATT or T-Mobile)

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
This is all second hand (you know, I got a buddy that knows someone kinda info) but I would really like some of the ppl on here to put their
    Green Apple
    Thanks

Default Iphone working on ANY network unlock....
    This is all second hand (you know, I got a buddy that knows someone kinda info) but I would really like some of the ppl on here to put their $0.02 in on this.... because really, this sounds sooooo much like a hoax and a scam for the most part.

I've been hearing about this guy thats doing jailbreaks and unlocks in the local area. now heres the kicker, these unlocks allow the iphone to work on ANY network. as in he can switch networks in a heartbeat to get the best signal in an area. Now I've been reading here about unlocking for say, t-mobile, here in the states, and other carriers world wide, and seen how much of a pain this can be. This just sounds too good to be true, and the worst part of it all? This guys is raking in the money at the tune of $50 a phone. From what I've heard, this guy has made over $8000 in the last month.

So, has anyone heard anything like this before?

Oh and yes, hes JBing both verizon and at&t iphones to do this wierd unlock.
    and yeah, I tryed google already. didn't really come up with anything:P

Thanks
    Thanked 1,357 Times in 1,074 Posts

Well if the iPhones have an unlockable baseband then what he does is true. I have my 3GS for any carrier I'd like. Its using ultrasn0w. If the baseband is not unlockable it is a scam.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Str4y View Post
    Well if the iPhones have an unlockable baseband then what he does is true. I have my 3GS for any carrier I'd like. Its using ultrasn0w. If the baseband is not unlockable it is a scam.
    heres the thing..... when I say any, I'm getting feedback that says ANY, as in GSM and CDMA switchable at a moments notice no less on ONE phone. and this guys says he has an in at both ver and AT&T stores to get ppl funneled his way.

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by macleod1976 View Post
    heres the thing..... when I say any, I'm getting feedback that says ANY, as in GSM and CDMA switchable at a moments notice no less on ONE phone. and this guys says he has an in at both ver and AT&T stores to get ppl funneled his way.
    He might be able to unlock for using different GSM networks or flash for different CDMA networks (per whatever system works on the phone in question), but no CDMA iPhone 4 will work on GSM and vise versa.

Plus the 'has an in' statement really sounds suspicious.
    Member of the hackint0sh forums.
    HowardForums Member: Haas_Dave

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by GenesisDH View Post
    He might be able to unlock for using different GSM networks or flash for different CDMA networks (per whatever system works on the phone in question), but no CDMA iPhone 4 will work on GSM and vise versa.

Plus the 'has an in' statement really sounds suspicious.
    when I say has an in, hes knows employees at both verizon and att in the local area, and they stear people to him to get phones jb.

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by macleod1976 View Post
    No, that's absolutely impossible. GSM and CDMA phones are completely incompatible signals and they don't work on each other's networks. Only a dual radio "world" phone can do that, and the iPhone isn't a dual radio world phone (though rumor has it the iPhone 5 will be).

It's about as likely to be true as pizza and hamburgers are likely to reverse heart disease and make you lose weight.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to GnatGoSplat For This Useful Post:

macleod1976 (06-18-2011)

Green Apple
    Thanks

Thanks for all the replys. I kinda figured this was a scam for the most part..... my only real consern is the fact hes nabbing $50 a pop for his services.......