+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: I may be screwed, PLEASE HELP! (Straight Talk)

is a discussion within the

Other Carriers (Not ATT or T-Mobile)

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
May have a slight problem. I have been using my 3gs w/ an e71 ST SIM for a couple of months. Yesterday I bought a refill card and went to
    Thanks

Default I may be screwed, PLEASE HELP! (Straight Talk)
    May have a slight problem.
    I have been using my 3gs w/ an e71 ST SIM for a couple of months. Yesterday I bought a refill card and went to activate it, and they wouldn't let me because the e71's serial wasn't coming up in their system. ...long story short, they probably "know" I'm not using the e71. I've been on the phone with ST's customer service for an hour and a half claiming ignorance, but when my service runs up, I may be screwed because I don't have an e71's serial number to give them. They've created a ticket and want me to call with the serial number.

Any advice is greatly appreciated.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Silikon View Post
    May have a slight problem.
    I have been using my 3gs w/ an e71 ST SIM for a couple of months. Yesterday I bought a refill card and went to activate it, and they wouldn't let me because the e71's serial wasn't coming up in their system. ...long story short, they probably "know" I'm not using the e71. I've been on the phone with ST's customer service for an hour and a half claiming ignorance, but when my service runs up, I may be screwed because I don't have an e71's serial number to give them. They've created a ticket and want me to call with the serial number.

Any advice is greatly appreciated.

How do you have an e71 SIM without the Nokia e71 phone it comes wrapped in? No need to answer that, its not really a mystery but it is pertinent to your situ cos you need to locate that phone so you can get the serial. Btw, your post has answered a question I've had in my mind and also ID'ed this unforseen bear trap. Thank you for that but thats not what you want to hear. Sucks man, I wish I had an answer for you, other than you need to get that phone back in your hands for 10 minutes.

Btw, isnt there a way to do an auto-refill such as txt'ing the refill code and pin, etc to ST to re-up? Or online or another automated way of re-upping other than talking to a human?

3. The Following User Says Thank You to sprackleor For This Useful Post:

Silikon (05-16-2011)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by sprackleor View Post
    How do you have an e71 SIM without the Nokia e71 phone it comes wrapped in? No need to answer that, its not really a mystery but it is pertinent to your situ cos you need to locate that phone so you can get the serial. Btw, your post has answered a question I've had in my mind and also ID'ed this unforseen bear trap. Thank you for that but thats not what you want to hear. Sucks man, I wish I had an answer for you, other than you need to get that phone back in your hands for 10 minutes.

Btw, isnt there a way to do an auto-refill such as txt'ing the refill code and pin, etc to ST to re-up? Or online or another automated way of re-upping other than talking to a human?

I had an e71, but I lost it in a house fire. =(
    You can refill over the phone via an automated system, or do the process online. I tried the former, and it said my number didn't exist (odd choice of error name on their part). So I called their CS, and you know the rest, more or less. Oh, but trying the latter would be fruitless, as the phone is no longer listed on my account- and there's no way to fill a "non-existent" phone.

That said, there is one bright spot: The lady I spoke with explained the inner-working of their system, so I did glean a bit of knowledge from that. I'm considering writing a 2600 article.

Thanks anyway for your reply. I have an older ST phone (T401). I'll try re-activating the SIM through that phone and let you know what happens.

Green Apple
    Thanks

So as it happens I was due for a reup on my omg simple mobile service yesterday so I had to decide whether or not I was going to go through with my e71 workaround plan and move to ST or just throw another $60 at SM. So I got me a ST GSM sim card that was conveniently tucked inside a nokia e71 but who cares about that lol. Now I need to get this activated so I can have some 3G for my 3GS.

What did you find out? And whats a 2600 article?

Thanks

They've be screwy with me. I re-upped with no issues (eventually) but then my data service dropped out... and then came back.

2600 is a hacker magazine. It's pretty awesome. 2600: The Hacker Quarterly]