+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Help with carrier bundle

is a discussion within the

Other Carriers (Not ATT or T-Mobile)

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
Hello guys Just got an iPhone 4 (@ iOS 4.3.3) with Tigo (Colombia). 3G is working very well and the phone came factory unlocked. I also JB'ed it with redsn0w
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Default Help with carrier bundle
    Hello guys
    Just got an iPhone 4 (@ iOS 4.3.3) with Tigo (Colombia). 3G is working very well and the phone came factory unlocked. I also JB'ed it with redsn0w 0.9.6rc16.

Im just curious about the following:

I dont see any TIGO carrier bundle on the /System/Library/Carrier Bundles/iPhone directory. So i was just wondering how can my iphone work with data plan eventhough there is no carrier bundle on the phone. Am I missing something here?

Also, at the Tigo store, the person who sold me the phone told me that the phone comes factory unlocked for voice plans BUT not for data plans. How is that even possible if i can see lots of carrier bundles on the iphone folder (except the one from my carrier)???

any info would be appreciated!!

thanks
    Last edited by moreins; 05-11-2011 at 09:16 PM.

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

The tigo bundle should be connected to the link at /var/mobile/Library/Carrier Bundle
    or found at
    /var/mobile/Library/Carrier Bundles/iPhone

As far as the unlocked status, he might be right but I wouldn't imagine a carrier selling an unlocked phone only to voice customers...

The carrier bundles you're seeing are in the file system regardless of phone type, carrier, or unlock status.

Sent from my iPhone using ModMyi
    Member of the hackint0sh forums.
    HowardForums Member: Haas_Dave

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    thanks for the tip.
    i was looking at /System/Library/Carrier Bundles/iPhone instead of /private/var/mobile/Library/Carrier Bundles/iPhone.

Is is normal to only see the carrier bundle of my cellphone company at /private/var/mobile/Library/Carrier Bundles/iPhone? Theres nothing else in that folder.

Whats the difference between the 2 folders i mentioned above?

thanks
    Last edited by moreins; 05-12-2011 at 07:26 AM.

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by moreins View Post
    thanks for the tip.
    i was looking at /System/Library/Carrier Bundles/iPhone instead of /private/var/mobile/Library/Carrier Bundles/iPhone.

Is is normal to only see the carrier bundle of my cellphone company at /private/var/mobile/Library/Carrier Bundles/iPhone? Theres nothing else in that folder.

Whats the difference between the 2 folders i mentioned above?

thanks
    Yeah, it can be normal.

The differences between the folders: -the bundles folder in the /var/mobile/Library are usually for updated or new bundles installed via iTunes.
    -The 'default' or 'original' carrier settings are in the system folder.

Sent from my iPhone using ModMyi
    Member of the hackint0sh forums.
    HowardForums Member: Haas_Dave

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    thanks again for all the info.
    so the iphone looks for carrier bundles in both folders, depending on the SIM card that is inserted?

havent been able to confirm the "data plan lock" since i dont have another microsim from a different carrier. so my last question is: how can an iphone be locked for data plans but not for voice plans?

i appreciate your help on this

cheers