+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: .plist file modding

is a discussion within the

Other Carriers (Not ATT or T-Mobile)

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
I have a factory unlocked iP4 (Canada), I'm on TIGO Guatemala and had to jailbreak in order not to loose the personal hotspot feature by way of SSH my iphone
    iPhone? More like MyPhone alpawa's Avatar
    Thanks

Default .plist file modding
    I have a factory unlocked iP4 (Canada), I'm on TIGO Guatemala and had to jailbreak in order not to loose the personal hotspot feature by way of SSH my iphone 4 and removing the updated carrier bundle. Every time I sync my phone it asks me to download the new carrier settings; it is annoying to say the least!
    I have the .plist files of that carrier bundle update and was wondering if someone could help me edit those files in order to enable the personal hotspot feature (be able to manually input APN settings). My logic is that in that way itunes would recognize the correct bundle but it would be edited, so no asking me every time to download it... Can anyone help? I have the files if someone is kind enough... Thanks!

Mes
    Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

The following thread contains information for T-Mobile USA users to install a custom bundle and enable all the features.

T-Mobile USA Carrier Bundles: Bluetooth, Internet, MMS, & Tethering (2G/3G/3GS/4)

It is not your solution, but it contains all the information and keys necessary to create your own. Hope this helps.

Thanks

Geez! It's a large thread! Ok, either I'm not gonna sleep tonight or gonna give up! hehehe... Thanks.

Mes
    Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

^The most important information, and the keys to creating your own custom carrier bundle are in post #1. You do that by using another bundle as the example and making your changes. Creating a carrier bundle is not child's play. So this could be way over your head.

Thanks

Thanks! I'll read it and see if it is...