+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Carrier settings problem on iphone 4 4.3.1

is a discussion within the

Other Carriers (Not ATT or T-Mobile)

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
I have a iphone 4 32gb bought on USA, locked to AT&T, and i've used it with a sim card from VodafonePT without any problem untill a few days ago!!
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default Carrier settings problem on iphone 4 4.3.1
    I have a iphone 4 32gb bought on USA, locked to AT&T, and i've used it with a sim card
    from VodafonePT without any problem untill a few days ago!!
    I've updated the firmware to 4.3.1 using Redsn0w, keeping my baseband on 01.59.00 and
    then unlocked it with Ultrasn0w 1.2.1 to be able to use it with my Vodafone card.
    The problem is that since then i'm unable to acces the internet with it!! Everything
    works fine with phone calls and SMS, but when i try to access the intenet, it fails,
    because it doesn't have the carrier definitions.
    WHen i plug it to itunes, i don't get any message to download or upgrade the carrier
    definitions, so when i go to Settings/information, i get the words "Unavailable" under
    the field Mobel carrier!!!

Do you know any way to resolve this situation, by forcing itunes to download carrier
    definitions or how to insert the definions manually??

Plesae help me, if you can!!

Thank you in advance!!

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Sounds like your 'original' carrier bundle is broken somehow that may be savable without a restore.

Since you're already jailbroken, you can use iFile, iPhone Browser or similar program and delete the original carrier bundle and symlink. It'll be located in /System/Library/Carrier Bundles/iPhone and you'll need to look for the symlink 26801 and the bundle Vodafone_pt.bundle. Delete both.

Once you do that: you can see if iTunes will download one for you during a new sync, or you can grab the last online version from this address: http://appldnld.apple.com/iPhone/Car...dafone_pt.ipcc and install it using methods mentioned here and on google about .ipcc files.

If that doesn't work, might be worth making a pwned firmware using pwnagetool or sn0wbreeze and restoring to it and redo your ultrasn0w unlock.

Hope this helps.
    Member of the hackint0sh forums.
    HowardForums Member: Haas_Dave

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Hello and thank you for your reply!!

I've tried the solution you mentioned, every thing worked fine, i was able to install the .ipcc file, but my iphone remained the same, meaning, it works fine with voice and sms, but no internet access available, and the field on Settings\information\mobile carrier remains as "unavailable"!!!

Any other ideas on how to resolve this situation??

Thank you very much!!!

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ucicp View Post
    Hello and thank you for your reply!!

I've tried the solution you mentioned, every thing worked fine, i was able to install the .ipcc file, but my iphone remained the same, meaning, it works fine with voice and sms, but no internet access available, and the field on Settings\information\mobile carrier remains as "unavailable"!!!

Any other ideas on how to resolve this situation??

Thank you very much!!!
    Remove what you can of the downloaded bundle and restart your phone (the installed bundle will show up in /var/mobile/Library/Carrier Bundles/iPhone). If you can get the Cellular Data area to show up in Settings--->General--->Network, then find out what your settings are for your carrier and put them in manually (you probably won't get visual voice mail to work doing this). If you can't get Cellular Data to show up (or still see 'unavailable' under Carrier in the About screen), then you're gonna have to do what I said at the end of my last post:
    Quote Originally Posted by GenesisDH View Post
    If that doesn't work, might be worth making a pwned firmware using pwnagetool or sn0wbreeze, restoring to it and redo your ultrasn0w unlock.
    That's about it.

I've had what you're experiencing happen a couple times and the only remedies were to install/replace carrier bundles and restoring the firmware.

Keep updating your progress.
    Member of the hackint0sh forums.
    HowardForums Member: Haas_Dave

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Hello!!

I figured out one way to resolve this issue and it did work!!
    The solution was to install directly to the iphone one .deb of the TetherMe software (don't know if it works from cydia!!).
    Then install from cydia the "tetherme apn edit" and the i was able to insert manually my carrier definitions.
    Then "voilá", internet and MMS working like a charm!!!

if anyone need any more information, please contact by PM!!!

Thanks to everybody!!!

Best regards!!!

Green Apple
    Thanks

I'm going to revive this post because I experienced the same thing and nobody seemed to able to help me even on twitter.

My problem started when I installed the concenter patch to get T-Mobile or to try it with their LTE but I forgot to check that they did not have it in my area because it's no where near metro. Anyway after finding out that it did not work and it messed up my setting. I removed it and my bundles were gone. I installed bundles from my roommates iPhone 5 with at&t. Mine is from at&t too but full retail factory. So my settings were kind of working and sometimes it doesn't. I also use tetherme, but the settings does not stay and when I restart, my apn goes away.

I found this method of installing ipcc at&t 5.5 from googling it. I solved the greyed out problem, and now I'm stuck with an error from latest iTunes saying "Could not install carrier bundle". My iPhone 5 is at 6.1.2 jailbroken and latest itunes on latest mac os. Can you please help me. My original carrier is straight talk through at&t sim. I lost my voicemail option in tether me, my carrier is unknown in settings, my phone number is still present, and my ability to hotspot toggle is gone.