+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: tire of waiting for unlock got RED POCKET

is a discussion within the

Other Carriers (Not ATT or T-Mobile)

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
i got tired of having my iphone 4 just sitting around so i went and got me a RED POCKET sim card, its with ATT network so the phone dont
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default tire of waiting for unlock got RED POCKET
    i got tired of having my iphone 4 just sitting around so i went and got me a RED POCKET sim card, its with ATT network so the phone dont have to be unlock for the only thing is that i cant get the internet to work iam intending to do this until we get an unlock for baseband 3.10 i have been doing research all over the net to see if anybody knows how to get it working but the only thing i have found is people bragging about how good it is but no help on setting it up does any one here has use it with iphone 4 if you have would you mind telling me how to get it going thanks in advance

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Default NOTE: this REQUIRES you to be on the Red Pocket 3G ($49.99) plan in order to work.
    Cellular data APN: att.mvno

MMS APN att.mvno
    MMSC is http://mmsc.cingular.com
    MMS Proxy: 66.209.11.33:80

That should work. Retrieved from this site (source: http://www.tgplusplus.com/Content/Do...bile%20FAQ.pdf).
    Last edited by GenesisDH; 03-22-2011 at 11:57 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    Member of the hackint0sh forums.
    HowardForums Member: Haas_Dave

3. The Following User Says Thank You to GenesisDH For This Useful Post:

Area51men (03-22-2011)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Thanks now i jus have to get the data options in my phone maybe modify some files ti get the apn options thanks

Livin the iPhone Life CaptainChaos's Avatar
    Thanks

Tetherme has APN options in Cydia.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to CaptainChaos For This Useful Post:

Area51men (03-22-2011)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Thanks a lot Genesis for that website and captain for the apn changer you saved me, i have been trying ti fix these for the past 4 days and with your help iam halfways done already, mms pictures and videos are working fine the only thing iam having problems with is internet i follow the instructions and still wont let me get in the internet but i will figure it out, where i bought the card they told me i was not going to be able to get the pics, haha but thats working perfect tried with different companys and it works once again i thank you a million and will let you know when my internet is going thanks

No internet cant get it, got to keep trying
    Last edited by Area51men; 03-22-2011 at 10:59 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Green Apple
    Thanks

Soon u dont need nlock in US for iphone .... No more Tmobile

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

No comprende please explain

Thanks
    Thanked 1,138 Times in 888 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by cncrim View Post
    Soon u dont need nlock in US for iphone .... No more Tmobile
    That is still at minimum as reported by ATT at least 12 months out if the buyout clears regulations.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Area51men View Post
    Thanks a lot Genesis for that website and captain for the apn changer you saved me, i have been trying ti fix these for the past 4 days and with your help iam halfways done already, mms pictures and videos are working fine the only thing iam having problems with is internet i follow the instructions and still wont let me get in the internet but i will figure it out, where i bought the card they told me i was not going to be able to get the pics, haha but thats working perfect tried with different companys and it works once again i thank you a million and will let you know when my internet is going thanks

No internet cant get it, got to keep trying
    You might have to grab the iPhone Configuration Utility in order to make a mobileconfig file that allows Cellular Data/WAP proxy to be used. It might be needed for web use.
    From what I can gather off the mobile web setup site, the WAP/Cellular Data proxy is the same as the MMS proxy.

Hope this helps.

Green Apple
    Thanks

I wasn't aware red pocket had data?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

How would i do that configuration can you help me out

Thanks

Default These instructions from the config utility for OSX; Windows shouldn't be any different
    How would i do that configuration can you help me out
    1) Open up the program.
    2) Click File--->New Configuration Profile
    3) Fill out the info you need in General (doesn't matter what it is as long as you remember)
    4) Scroll down on the left side of the middle part of the window and click on Advanced
    5) Put in the APN (att.mvno) and the proxy (the same thing as the MMS proxy listed in earlier posts)
    6) Click on the profile's name at the top.
    7) Click File--->Export and have it sign the profile. Save it someplace you can access it.
    8) Using your email program, attach the mobileconfig file to an email and send it to an email address that you can access from your iPhone
    9) Open email and tap the attached file and install as needed.

Hope this helps, and let me know if you have more questions.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I made my file sent it to me and try installing it however i try changing the app settings with unlockit.nz but didnt work so i unninstalled it, but now that i try to install the settings my phone tells me that only one apn setting can be installed at the time, but there is no profile installed, since i got everything working fine but that, iam going to restore my phone and then do all the set up again ill tell you how it comes out thanks for the help

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

thank you very much genesis i finally got my internet working, it was the way you told me since the begining it was me who was doing something wrong, the only thing is that 50 MB goes really fast so i have to be careful how i use it thanks

Green Apple
    Thanks

thank you very much genesis i finally got my internet working, it was the way you told me since the begining it was me who was doing something wrong, the only thing is that 50 MB goes really fast so i have to be careful how i use it thanks
    50mb does go very quickly on an iphone and 3g just makes it that much easier to use... you know what else you should try using? Punctuation.