+ Reply
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: SIM Card shows No Service BE-AWARE

is a discussion within the

Other Carriers (Not ATT or T-Mobile)

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
I am having a problem with my SIM card after I docked my phone. It appears that Apple has found a way to zap your sim card without you upgrading
    iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Default SIM Card shows No Service BE-AWARE
    I am having a problem with my SIM card after I docked my phone. It appears that Apple has found a way to zap your sim card without you upgrading to the new firmware. All I get is no service and I removed the SIM and put it back in my old phone and still no service. Under network selection on the iphone I can see networks to select but I keep getting a no service. Any thoughts?

Livin the iPhone Life aziatiklover's Avatar
    Thanks

are u sure? btw I never use the dock just my usb cord
     Think Different

iPhone? More like MyPhone antiflash's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by aziatiklover View Post
    dock and USB are the same...the dock just "moves" the usb plug into a standing position for the phone...doesnt change the actual interface with the computer.
    Black 16GB 3G iPhone w/bestskinever
    Q6600, 3GB RAM, Vista Ultimate Desktop Box
    2 Hands, 10 Fingers, etc
    Temporary Eee PC Portable

Thanks

Yes I am sure. I actually was hoping I was wrong. It is not working at all. I even went through the restore again and nothing. I am still able to mod the phone (themes) and I also have WIFI, but no service at all.

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

get your self a new sim from you t-mobile,or try one of your friend sim to see if it's not your sim that's bad

Moderator / DRP Dev Team jedinight's Avatar
    Thanks

your sim craped out

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by antiflash View Post
    dock and USB are the same...the dock just "moves" the usb plug into a standing position for the phone...doesnt change the actual interface with the computer.
    oh k well I have my iphone plugging rite now and it still have service and no forcing update without my permission
     Think Different

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jjgsxr883 View Post
    your sim craped out
    It was the weirdest thing and everything else is working fine on my mod phone but now I cannot select a network. When i select a network It gives me an error that says "Network Lost" "Your selected network is no longer available. You can choose a new network in the Phone Settings."

Has anyone else experienced this or is my SIM just gone and need to be replaced? Is it possible that Apple could zap something so it does not read a 'non-AT&T' SIM?

oh k well I have my iphone plugging rite now and it still have service and no forcing update without my permission
    And you have itunes opened and access the internet? Must be my card then.
    Last edited by trilogy069; 09-30-2007 at 07:09 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Moderator / DRP Dev Team jedinight's Avatar
    Thanks

yes i have had a sim go out ....it fried while i was on a call....att hooked it up with a new one

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by trilogy069 View Post
    I am having a problem with my SIM card after I docked my phone. It appears that Apple has found a way to zap your sim card without you upgrading to the new firmware. All I get is no service and I removed the SIM and put it back in my old phone and still no service. Under network selection on the iphone I can see networks to select but I keep getting a no service. Any thoughts?
    I had the exact same problem. Unlocked the phone, no service. You need to reboot the baseband. Copy the file ICE03.14.08_G.eep to your iPhone, which you can get it from the Firmware file (getting mounting directions from Hacktheiphone.com

SSH to your iPhone and do the following:

1. launchctl unload -w /System/Library/LaunchDaemons/com.apple.CommCenter.plist

2. bbupdater -e ICE03.14.08_G.eep

3. launchctl load -w /System/Library/LaunchDaemons/com.apple.CommCenter.plist

4. reboot the iphone (if necessary).

Works like a charm. I got a signal immediately.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Eurisko View Post
    I had the exact same problem. Unlocked the phone, no service. You need to reboot the baseband. Copy the file ICE03.14.08_G.eep to your iPhone, which you can get it from the Firmware file (getting mounting directions from Hacktheiphone.com

SSH to your iPhone and do the following:

1. launchctl unload -w /System/Library/LaunchDaemons/com.apple.CommCenter.plist

2. bbupdater -e ICE03.14.08_G.eep

3. launchctl load -w /System/Library/LaunchDaemons/com.apple.CommCenter.plist

4. reboot the iphone (if necessary).

Works like a charm. I got a signal immediately.
    Thanks for the suggestion. I am in the process of trying this and I am wondering about steps 1 & 2. Sorry for the noob questions but can I just use ULctl and unload -w com.apple.CommCenter? if so, where do I place the ICE03.14.08_G.eep when that is stopped? You lost me at bbupdater -e

Please help.

Thanks

It was the weirdest thing and everything else is working fine on my mod phone but now I cannot select a network. When i select a network It gives me an error that says "Network Lost" "Your selected network is no longer available. You can choose a new network in the Phone Settings."

Has anyone else experienced this or is my SIM just gone and need to be replaced? Is it possible that Apple could zap something so it does not read a 'non-AT&T' SIM?

And you have itunes opened and access the internet? Must be may card then.
    yea itunes is opened and internet is on as well
     Think Different

Thanks

Thanks for the suggestion. I am in the process of trying this and I am wondering about steps 1 & 2. Sorry for the noob questions but can I just use ULctl and unload -w com.apple.CommCenter? if so, where do I place the ICE03.14.08_G.eep when that is stopped? You lost me at bbupdater -e

Please help.
    BBupdater is a command line program, and you can get it as part of the iUnlock kit. And yes you can use UIctl to shut down the Commcenter. The ICE03.14.08_G.eep can be placed anywhere on the iPhone, I put mine in the media folder. Copy both files to the iPhone before you begin. BBupdater can go either into /usr/bin or /use/sbin, make sure it has execute permissions. The Commcenter only has to be unloaded when you run bbupdater.

I included both files. The ICE03.14.08_G.eep file is from firmware version 1.02
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Eurisko; 09-29-2007 at 11:20 PM.

Thanks

BBupdater is a command line program, and you can get it as part of the iUnlock kit. And yes you can use UIctl to shut down the Commcenter. The ICE03.14.08_G.eep can be placed anywhere on the iPhone, I put mine in the media folder. Copy both files to the iPhone before you begin. BBupdater can go either into /usr/bin or /use/sbin, make sure it has execute permissions. The Commcenter only has to be unloaded when you run bbupdater.

I included both files. The ICE03.14.08_G.eep file is from firmware version 1.02
    I do feel like a NOOB. Thanks for the files and I have them loaded as suggested but once I get the BBupdater, how do you BBupdater -e? I am using cyberduck and cannot find a command line to run it?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I have the same problem with the signal! (no service), have you been able to resolve this issue? Is there an easy way to do this? Help please

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by luis_102 View Post
    I have the same problem with the signal! (no service), have you been able to resolve this issue? Is there an easy way to do this? Help please
    I have not been able to fix it as of yet. Still working on it. Having a problem with the bbupdater -e part.

Was finally able to get the bbupdater to work, but I am still getting 'No Service'. I think it maybe my SIM. Even put the ATT SIM back in and still getting 'no service'.
    Last edited by trilogy069; 09-30-2007 at 07:53 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks

Was finally able to get the bbupdater to work, but I am still getting 'No Service'. I think it maybe my SIM. Even put the ATT SIM back in and still getting 'no service'.
    Yeah, cause the problem is with the phone, not the SIMs. When you unloaded the ComCentre (hopefully using 'unload -w') did the com.apple.CommCenter turn red? That indicates that it was actually turned off. BBupdater will not work when CommCenter is running.

And did you SSH into the iPhone or use the Terminal program on the iPhone to enter the command? At the prompt you just need to type:

#> bbupdater -e ICE03.14.08_G.eep

You should see a bunch of status messages scroll by, and then that's it. Lastly, are you using Firmware 1.02? The file I included was for that firmware only.

Thanks

Yeah, cause the problem is with the phone, not the SIMs. When you unloaded the ComCentre (hopefully using 'unload -w') did the com.apple.CommCenter turn red? That indicates that it was actually turned off. BBupdater will not work when CommCenter is running.

And did you SSH into the iPhone or use the Terminal program on the iPhone to enter the command? At the prompt you just need to type:

#> bbupdater -e ICE03.14.08_G.eep

You should see a bunch of status messages scroll by, and then that's it. Lastly, are you using Firmware 1.02? The file I included was for that firmware only.
    Yes the ComCentre did turn red and I used the mobileTerminal to run bbupdater. A lot of stuff did scroll by but I do recall seeing 'incorrect version, but the phone has 1.02 on it. If it is the phone, I do not know why when I remove the SIM and put it in my original phone, I still get no service. My version on the phone says 1.0.2(1C28) Modem firmware says 03.14.08_G. I just can't seem to figure it out. I believe my problem occured when the Iphone connected to PHOBOS.APPLE.COM. Do not know what server this is but after it connected was when I started receiving the 'no service' error and restoring did not work. Any suggestions?
    Last edited by trilogy069; 09-30-2007 at 11:21 AM. Reason: additional info

Green Apple
    Thanks

What firmware are you running???

Did you upgrade to 1.02 before unlocking???

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

@ subway i have the same problem but i did not upgrade before unlocking is that the problem