+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Unlocked iPhone AT&T --> Telcel

is a discussion within the

Other Carriers (Not ATT or T-Mobile)

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
I have a iphone 2g with the 3.1.3 firmware. i go to mexico once a month and i would like to have the internet but i can never get a
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default Unlocked iPhone AT&T --> Telcel
    I have a iphone 2g with the 3.1.3 firmware. i go to mexico once a month and i would like to have the internet but i can never get a signal on the EDGE and when i do, i have to use international roaming. i'm also on a gophone plan with my iphone. I was wondering if I used APN Changer and changed it from AT&T to TELCEL would I be able to use the internet regularly or will it still charge me??

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by dc5_lov3r View Post
    I have a iphone 2g with the 3.1.3 firmware. i go to mexico once a month and i would like to have the internet but i can never get a signal on the EDGE and when i do, i have to use international roaming. i'm also on a gophone plan with my iphone. I was wondering if I used APN Changer and changed it from AT&T to TELCEL would I be able to use the internet regularly or will it still charge me??
    Changing the APN will not keep you from paying extra for data internationally, as at&t controls the billing of your account not Telcel. You might be able to make the cellular data not work by changing the APN (which is more effective by turning OFF the data roaming switch in Settings), but you won't get cheap data rates while using an at&t SIM.
    That's all there is to it. Sorry.

If you unlock your iPhone, you might be able to use a prepaid Telcel SIM, or that of another local GSM provider, from them for data use. YMMV there though.
    Member of the hackint0sh forums.
    HowardForums Member: Haas_Dave