+ Reply
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPhone 3G with Straight Talk..APN info??

is a discussion within the

Other Carriers (Not ATT or T-Mobile)

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
Just a heads up... Reconditioned Nokia 6790's are available from StraightTalk.com right now. I bought a e71 off ebay for $74 that worked for me. I have been using Straight
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Just a heads up... Reconditioned Nokia 6790's are available from StraightTalk.com right now.

I bought a e71 off ebay for $74 that worked for me. I have been using Straight Talk on my iPhone 4 for a few months and am loving it. From my experience absolutely no data speed throttling.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

I am having an issue,I bought the wife a recon E71 from ST for 99.00 bucks in Dec,I gave her my 3g that had been working fine on st,I put her st sim in the i3g and at home on wifi everything works fine but when we go out and she's on 3g it will not go to the internet or get mail,,Say's theres no data service.Have they changed something on the sims or is this an issue with the phone,

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by vtails View Post
    I am having an issue,I bought the wife a recon E71 from ST for 99.00 bucks in Dec,I gave her my 3g that had been working fine on st,I put her st sim in the i3g and at home on wifi everything works fine but when we go out and she's on 3g it will not go to the internet or get mail,,Say's theres no data service.Have they changed something on the sims or is this an issue with the phone,
    Go to Unlockit - APN Changer for your iPhone > Continue > Custom APN > Straight Talk > Install > done

Thanks

That didnt work already have a config on it I mooded the 3g back when this started and the phone worked fine with my ST sim I got my i4 and it works fine with my sim but her st sim say's could not activate cellular data network you are not subscribed to a cellular data service,I did all the things I could think off hard reset with sim in and out reset all the setting's it just keeps giving the same message it works fine on wifi makes calls go to the net it just doesnt work on 3g and it worked fine for months with my ST sim has me baffled

Thanks

I found the problem I took my sim out of my phone put in wife's phone and turned off wifi
    my sim works fine on 3G Internet calls text picture messages .. took my sim out put hers back in and on 3G hers will make calls text mms but won't go to net or get mail so it has to be bad sim I'll try and get an other one

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Is there anyway to get 3g speeds if my phone is on the edge network? I do have my 3g enabled and AT&T does have 3g where I live. I have gone to bigger cities and the 3g works perfect. I was wondering if a person could trick the network or something like that. I have everything else working and have been on the straight talk network for months. Thank You!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

i just bought a used nokia 6790 (slider) from a friend and i ordered a replacement sim. is the replacement sim card still unlocked like the one that came with the phone? or is it going to be locked to the phone
    Last edited by TechnoGeek2011; 01-24-2012 at 12:47 PM.

Thanks

Everything is a gamble,The wife finally got ST to send another sim but now she wont let me put it
    in the iphone,she's thinking I screwed the card up,odd it would get everything on wifi,It would make
    call's and send text but would not go to the net or get mail on 3G,so I know that this will all end one
    day,but it's anyone's guess if there unlocked,

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Het vtails, does your wife's new sim card when you look at it have the letter P in the long stream of numbers and letters? If it does, it's unlocked

Thanks

Well I am going to have to get back to you on that I cant find the box and she's with the grandkids,,But when she get's home I'll pull it and see what the numbers are and I'll put it in the iphone 3 and see if it worksit will be after 9:00 tonite.Hopefully it's unlock I told her I buy her a samsung galaxy 2 she doesnt like the iphone so there goes 600 bucks Be back later

Thanks

In an answer to your question,The card that the NEW SIM came in is blue and white and the box on the card say's TF64PSIMC4 so it's the same M/N sim,I don't know if it works in the iphone,she's being difficult but it is the correct number,I'll find out soon and come back and let you know.I am kinda of queries to know myself
    I would think that it's still unlocked.But that's just a guess
    Last edited by vtails; 01-25-2012 at 08:17 PM.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Tanks vtails, you just calmed my stress level Down a ton I kept freaking out that a replacement sim would be locked but if it has a P in it then it should be unlocked

Thanks

I talked her into checking the sim,With WIFI turned off,3G works fine, made some call's sent some text message's and some text with pic's and Emails they all went though. So ST still has unlocked sim even the replacement's at this time..

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default Mms
    I have got a 3gs 5.0.1 and have got everything working except mms. Could someone give me a little advice? Was going to try doing it using the intunes but got confused so gave up. The other way I seen was using cydia and downloading supreme preferences but I have searched cydia and can not find supreme preferences Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks

SupremePreferences hasn't been supported for awhile.You could install commcenterclassic and the 4lines of code in the carrier.plist,edit info.plist to accept the ST-mobileconfig and that would solve your MMS problem
    Or go to BigBoss and purchase tetherme($4.99)and is supported for ios 5.0.1,,MMS will work fine(send&receive)
    If your having problems I would say the app @ Cydia would be your best bet,

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I bought the app but I still am not able to send or recieve pictures. I have noticed in the apn settings the mms is different than what is posted in the forums here. So wanted to ask if that makes a difference. MMS wap.cingular MMSC http://mmsc.cingular.com MMSC Proxy wireless.cinular.com MMS Max Message Size 1048576....... Do I need to change any of that to make my MMS work?

Thanks

Mine gave me some wrong setting's it said Home and wap,but thats wrong on mine it's,on the first one Cellular Data-att.mvno,,visual voicemail-acds.voicemail,,MMS-att.mvno,MMSC-http:mmsc.cingular.com,,MMS Proxy-wireless.cingular.com:80,,MMS Max message size-1048576,internet tethering-att.mvno This on my i4g,See if your setting are like this I have a 3gs but the wife has it and would call her to look BUT I know better..Hope this help's ya

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default BBCurve8520
    Quote Originally Posted by gabriel925fm View Post
    Try this and let me know if it worked.

Need I-phone MMS and APN setting!!

Also, what phone was attached to the sim you inserted into the iphone?
    Hi, I purchased a brandnew TMobile SIM from ST and used in my MyTouch3G at the beginning of Feb., 2012. My MyTouch3G worked fine besides my browser. I wasn't worried about that tho bc the apps I previously had on the phone thru T-Mobile's market worked perfect fine. I only used the phone for abt 4 days before the charger port broke, so I was w.out service the entire month. I just got the BB Curve8520 today from a friend. The phone is pretty much like new. I can text/talk fine, but my MMS or browser is not working at all. I've tried the att.mvno APN & the APN that came in the brochure w.my activation kit & SIM. Neither one has worked. PLEASE HELP!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I bought a Straight Talk SIM to use in my phone (iphone 3gs not unlocked or jail broken. I can't figure out how to set up MMS the way ST specified in the instructions they sent with the SIM (I can't get to all the fields: Port, Proxy, MMSC, etc) I can't find any post anywhere on the internet where someone bought just a SIM rather then took one out of another ST phone. Advise please.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Have you gone here:

http://unlockit.co.nz/

Also, you can submit a trouble ticket on ST Facebook page. They have been incredibly helpful getting me up and running with my iPhone 4.