+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: H20 and iPhone 3G

is a discussion within the

Other Carriers (Not ATT or T-Mobile)

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
Is there anyone runnin the iPhone on h20? I'm thinking of maybe trying them instead of t-mobile when the unlock comes out, but I don't know if it can even
    Thanks

Default H20 and iPhone 3G
    Is there anyone runnin the iPhone on h20? I'm thinking of maybe trying them instead of t-mobile when the unlock comes out, but I don't know if it can even handle the iPhone. I love the 49.99$ price for unlimited talk and text, 50gb of data should be plenty.. But will it work with the iPhone?

Thanks
    Thanked 2,201 Times in 1,923 Posts

I think as long as the phone is locked to AT&T you won't need to unlock since H2O is part of AT&T. It should work.

Thanks

I would love it if your right, I'll find out after work tonight Ive read that in some cases it doesnt but I haven't seen anything definitive on it.. Have even read it does 3g as well??

Thanks

Can anyone confirm?

Thanks

Well I tried to get an account with them but they messed up my cc info so im just waiting for the unlock still. It looked like it may have worked though I got one bar when i popped the sim in

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Just to clarify from your OP, checking out the site, they offer 50MB not 50GB. Is 50MB really enough, wouldn't you sail through it pretty quick? And from what I've read on here, since they are part of AT&T it is 3g to answer your question.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,201 Times in 1,923 Posts

50MB might be a lot for some people. But you make a good point, it is easy to use it all up for most people. I can use 50MB in 2 days.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

The Iphone works fine on H2O. You will have to be able to modify the APN under Cellular Data Network for the Net and MMS to work.As far as the 50MB of data, it could be enough if you frequent areas that have free WIFI available.

Thanks

After they jacked me around on my credit card, I'm not even going to try w/ them. I'm waiting for the refund to come back and I guess I'll just stay with t-mobile and hope the unlock comes out in a few days. I was really hoping it would work, I have wifi almost everywhere but work so I think I would've been okay on the data.. But yeah 50mb is not alot at all.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default Yes you can!!
    Hey, I am currently with H2o Wireless and I am using the Iphone 3GS. Yo do not need to unlock it, however, to use the data and mms features, you must jailbreak it and all that good stuff. I am currently using it without jailbreak/ unlock (don't care much about the mms and data because im always on wifi) and all i had to do was insert the sim card ).

Hope this helps )

Thanks

I'm on H20 myself. I have a iPhone 4 4.1.I'm locked and H20 works fine. Although getting web and mss is a little tricky . But overall it works fine. Anyone get mss and web to work on iPhone 4. I tried supreme preff to input web and mss APN but won't work and doesn't let me access sound in my setting? Anyone have this issue?

Thanks

I think unlocking helps!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default H2o sim won't work now
    Ok here is the short version -- I have a 3G iOS 4.2.1 jail broke it with redsn0w 9.6 but I mess up the carrier bundle plist so I did another restore and jailbreak and now my sim card won't work. The cust service at h2o is horrid -- they reactivated the sim but it still says no service. Any suggestions??