+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Incorrect Time Zone Data

is a discussion within the

Other Carriers (Not ATT or T-Mobile)

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
Hello: I have a 2G jailbroken iPhone with FW 3.1.2 unlocked and working with Movistar carier in Argentina. Here we had several changes on the time zone and DST, so
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Question Incorrect Time Zone Data
    Hello:

I have a 2G jailbroken iPhone with FW 3.1.2 unlocked and working with Movistar carier in Argentina.

Here we had several changes on the time zone and DST, so the iPhone time zone database is incorrect.

The problem is if I set the Buenos Aires Time Zone, it sets to GMT-2, wich is incorrect (the correct is GMT-3), but if I select any GMT-3 time zone, the "Buenos Aires" clock shows 1 hour ahead.

This is temporal, until march, because the DST, Buenos Aires will be back to normal GMT-3.

I think the only complete solution is edit the time zone database. Is that posible? Or is an online database? The time zone changes for a country can be reported?

Thank you

Thanks

GOTO settings, Date and time, and force your iphone to believe whatever time you tell it. I travel alot, and when I arrive in America, i do the time zone thing, and reboot the phone, but as soon as i get wireless connection, the time reverts back to GMT +3 and pisses me off. then i remember to goto settings and MAKE the phone show the time I want it to. somewhere in the back of my mind there seems to be a DST setting, but I cannot find it on the phone. kick it around a little, and it will respond.
    unklbyl

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default Problem With Time Zone
    Hello,

Maybe I've a solution for you.
    You can try to reinstall your iPhone to the current firmware, but I don't know if the problem is resolved.
    And what you can do:

Go to Settings,General,Date & Time
    You see an item, auto adjust, Turn it off.
    Now you have to change the time manually.
    And if all goes well, it will not change automatic anymore.

Maybe this helped