+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Configuring Iphone to use Airtel - India Net on Phone ( NOP ) / Airtel Online

is a discussion within the

Other Carriers (Not ATT or T-Mobile)

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
IT IS MOST DEFINITELY POSSIBLE TO USE AIRTEL NOP (NET ON PHONE) WITH IPHONE I am currently using a US Iphone 3G - 8GB Firmware 3.0 (jailbreak & unlock) The
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Default Configuring Iphone to use Airtel - India Net on Phone ( NOP ) / Airtel Online
    IT IS MOST DEFINITELY POSSIBLE TO USE AIRTEL NOP (NET ON PHONE) WITH IPHONE

I am currently using a US Iphone 3G - 8GB Firmware 3.0 (jailbreak & unlock)

The trick is to ALSO change the proxy address and port with the APN

By default, inserting an airtel sim card in your iphone will disable the APN / carrier settings in the settings tab.

You may enable it for future use if you wish but it is not required (see various tutorials on the web to know how)

Steps (For Maharashtra it has worked, I do not know about other states)

1) I enabled the NOP service by sending sms "ANOP" (without the exclamation marks) to 51619 (Sim card is in my Iphone at this time)
    2) The next day i receive an sms that NOP service has been activated
    3) I sent the sms "NOP" to 52567 to receive the settings (sim card is in my iphone)
    4) I receive the sms that settings have been sent but none are received
    5) I put my Sim card in a nokia n85 and send sms "NOP" to 52567 again and receive the settings and save them
    6) restart my n85 phone and verified that Internet is working
    7) note the settings from access point NOP (access point - airtelwap.com, proxy address - 100.1.200.99, port - 8080
    8) insert the sim back in the iphone
    9) at this point it may be possible to edit the settings directly through modifying the carrier settings .plist file in the iphone framework (search the web to know how) but i preferred to use the "Iphone configuration utility" from the apple iphone website
    10) create a new profile in the "iphone configuration utility" and just edit the "APN" section
    11) create a new payload with the details from step 7 - leave user name and password blank
    12) Export the configuration file to the desktop
    13) If you want, you can email the file to yourself on the iphone as an attachment and iphone will handle the rest
    14) OR -- if your iphone is connected to your computer with USB then you can go in the devices section of the iphone config util > configuration profile tab > and install the profile which you have created.
    15) The iphone will ask for conformation before installing
    16) after installation is complete. reboot your iphone and you should be able to connect to the internet.

Tested Working
    -----------
    Safari
    Cydia
    Rock
    Maps

MAIL is giving me problem. Seems airtel blocks the ports for IMAP and other ports except browsing so a default gmail account does not work but a POP configured account works. I think any internet radio, skype, VOIP software will also not work.

I did not get time to download and test anything else

Please post your feedback

Thanks. Good luck.
    Last edited by sagem2000; 10-02-2009 at 03:19 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

2. The Following User Says Thank You to sagem2000 For This Useful Post:

DG321 (10-27-2009)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Hi do you thin you can upload the config file? I think settings will be same across Maharashtra for Airtel. It will be lot easier/proven method to use your mobile config file.
    Thanks - VC

Green Apple
    Thanks

Unlockit - APN Changer for your iPhone

Go to it from your phone. Itll do it all for you. even add the profile to the apn settings in your phone.
    Black 16gb iPhone 4S 5.1.1
    Macbook Air OSX 10.8.2

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

hey friends...do you all have any idea how to activate something like this on vodafone india ??
    thanks.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by sagem2000 View Post
    IT IS MOST DEFINITELY POSSIBLE TO USE AIRTEL NOP (NET ON PHONE) WITH IPHONE

I am currently using a US Iphone 3G - 8GB Firmware 3.0 (jailbreak & unlock)

The trick is to ALSO change the proxy address and port with the APN

By default, inserting an airtel sim card in your iphone will disable the APN / carrier settings in the settings tab.

You may enable it for future use if you wish but it is not required (see various tutorials on the web to know how)

Steps (For Maharashtra it has worked, I do not know about other states)

1) I enabled the NOP service by sending sms "ANOP" (without the exclamation marks) to 51619 (Sim card is in my Iphone at this time)
    2) The next day i receive an sms that NOP service has been activated
    3) I sent the sms "NOP" to 52567 to receive the settings (sim card is in my iphone)
    4) I receive the sms that settings have been sent but none are received
    5) I put my Sim card in a nokia n85 and send sms "NOP" to 52567 again and receive the settings and save them
    6) restart my n85 phone and verified that Internet is working
    7) note the settings from access point NOP (access point - airtelwap.com, proxy address - 100.1.200.99, port - 8080
    8) insert the sim back in the iphone
    9) at this point it may be possible to edit the settings directly through modifying the carrier settings .plist file in the iphone framework (search the web to know how) but i preferred to use the "Iphone configuration utility" from the apple iphone website
    10) create a new profile in the "iphone configuration utility" and just edit the "APN" section
    11) create a new payload with the details from step 7 - leave user name and password blank
    12) Export the configuration file to the desktop
    13) If you want, you can email the file to yourself on the iphone as an attachment and iphone will handle the rest
    14) OR -- if your iphone is connected to your computer with USB then you can go in the devices section of the iphone config util > configuration profile tab > and install the profile which you have created.
    15) The iphone will ask for conformation before installing
    16) after installation is complete. reboot your iphone and you should be able to connect to the internet.

Tested Working
    -----------
    Safari
    Cydia
    Rock
    Maps

MAIL is giving me problem. Seems airtel blocks the ports for IMAP and other ports except browsing so a default gmail account does not work but a POP configured account works. I think any internet radio, skype, VOIP software will also not work.

I did not get time to download and test anything else

Please post your feedback

Thanks. Good luck.
    post your file, im tryng to use my apn with proxy but i dont know how to set the proxy up for it. thx!