+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: can i get a confirmation from somebody, does i wireless work on the iphone

is a discussion within the

Other Carriers (Not ATT or T-Mobile)

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
I had the t mobile sidekick plan, but now they blocked data only for sidekicks, even when i was on there edge network, it still was not all that fast,
    Thanks

Default can i get a confirmation from somebody, does i wireless work on the iphone
    I had the t mobile sidekick plan, but now they blocked data only for sidekicks, even when i was on there edge network, it still was not all that fast, plus i have the 2g, and that makes any gps enabled app useless, and that was pretty much the main reason why i wanted data on my phone, so iam wanting to switch over to iwireless, i saw they had a unlimited bundled texting plan with 100 anytime minutes and free mobile to mobile calling for $19.95 a month.
    http://iwireless.com/plans_detail.asp?plan=1
    Is there anyone out there currently using i wireless with the iphone?
    Last edited by char1090; 08-16-2009 at 06:25 PM.

Thanks

Here's what I can tell you from my Time in the quad cities iwireless is s'posed to be like a tmobile partner I had a hard time getting reception down that way for awhile though on my last trip the only place I had trouble was on the Illinois side in Orion
    if yo look in the cydia apps I remember seeing something from iworthless in there and one of my clients was hooked up but disco and went to tmo for the unlimted plan
    Yeah go over to the Tmobile Carrier bundle discussion page 53
    http://modmyi.com/forums/t-mobile/65...bundle-53.html
    Last edited by MREY; 08-16-2009 at 09:55 PM. Reason: addition of more infomation
    Thanks to all of you @ Modmyi for all of the help you've provided
    Take a second and hit The Thanks button if someone helps you

Thanks

dude the iwireless plans are super good, like i saw there was another good plan that had 1000 nationwide talktime minutes shared between two phone lines for 49.95 a month, also the activation is free, and you could add 400 text messages for $4.95 a month, iam very tempted
    http://www.iwireless.com/plans_detail.asp?plan=40
    I live in central illinois, is there any one else that has iwireless around those parts or anyone else that has iwireless, i just want to know what you guys think?

Thanks

I hear ya I'm just talking about the problem I had not being on iwireless but tmobile. iwireless is actually a TMO affliate so I expected better than 2 bars
    the reason my client switched is because his wife was on tmobile and they were able to get the loyalty plan which I also have like me we both use well over 1500 minutes and the unlimited plan allowed us to ditch our home phone lines.
    Consider I pay $129.95 for two lines completely unlimited on phone data and Text so really it depends on your usage cause them overage charges are a BIA**H & on who all y'know that has iwireless I was just disappointed that for a TMO affliate the service was horrible as for using the iPhone that's why I gave you the link giiiiirl is familiar with the usage of iwireless though for most folks with the data issue they switched over to web 2 go for 9.99 or 19.99 for unlimited text still cheaper than most other carriers just switch out your phone in mytmobile and add that
    Sorry if it doesn't help like I said it depends on your usage but if you haven't ask giiirl for help on the other forum.
    Later
    I'm now paying 111.95 for the above services as I was able to switch over to Tzones and they dropped the rate on my messaging plan
    Last edited by MREY; 08-30-2009 at 04:34 PM. Reason: Updated info
    Thanks to all of you @ Modmyi for all of the help you've provided
    Take a second and hit The Thanks button if someone helps you

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Here's your confirmation. I'm in chicago suburbs with I-Wireless and it works great. You can choose whether you want it to roam on Tmo or Att or both (Tmo preferred, obviosly) but everything wotks great. Unfortunately, only 2g speeds.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to ChitownPlaya For This Useful Post:

MREY (08-30-2009)

Green Apple
    Thanks

i second that. im here in the burbs of cincinnati using i wireless with no problems also.

Green Apple
    Thanks

I'm using i wireless in the Waterloo/Cedar Falls area and it works great! I'm on the $49/month Megatalk Nationwide service with unlimited talk, text, and web. Everything works, the only drawback is that I lose the EDGE connection when I'm in a call.
    Last edited by EricJD; 08-31-2009 at 08:54 AM.

My iPhone is a Part of Me vantheman169's Avatar
    Thanks

Yup i can tell you the iphone works perfectly on iWireless as i have T-mobile and when i travel back home to IOWA Quad cities area (Blue Grass bout 15 minutes west of Davenport) i rome on iWireless network and get full bars and pretty decent edge download speeds at my mom and dads house and they live in the middle of nowhere. Its just too bad the iphone does not work with 3g on t-mobile or i would upgrade to a 3g or 3gs. And iWireless does not have 3g at all so your stuck with edge

My iPhone is a Part of Me GIRLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL's Avatar
    Thanks

If you roam a lot they can cut you off. That's the only downside to people that don't live in their native coverage area. Plus I think the unlimited deal is running out on sept. 30

Lovely

Not

Thanks

whos gonna cut me off? T-mobile? I have unlimited nationwide and it roams over onto a t-mobile company's network (iWireless). T-mobile is not gonna cut me off. I dont get charged for roaming anyways love ya T-mobile!

Thanks

funny to read this old thread because i posted on it last over 2 years ago and found it in a goodgle search lol. i just was researching iWireless as i live in Davenport, IA now and i just put 2 iPhones on iWireless again, i got everything working except for MMS. Its been frustrating trying to figure this out, none of the APN or MMS settings work...EDGE works thats it tho.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by vantheman169 View Post
    funny to read this old thread because i posted on it last over 2 years ago and found it in a goodgle search lol. i just was researching iWireless as i live in Davenport, IA now and i just put 2 iPhones on iWireless again, i got everything working except for MMS. Its been frustrating trying to figure this out, none of the APN or MMS settings work...EDGE works thats it tho.
    Try these.

The monthly billed MMS settings should be:
    Access Point: wap1.iwireless.com
    User Name: none
    Password: none
    Authentication: Normal
    Home Page: Apache Tomcat/5.5.9
    Phone IP: automatic
    Proxy Server address: 209.4.229.31
    Proxy port number: 9201

MMS FOR PIA MEGATALK CUSTOMERS
    Name: PIA Picture Messaging