+ Reply
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Verizon Rumors

is a discussion within the

Other Carriers (Not ATT or T-Mobile)

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
Has there been any confirmation of the iPhone coming to Verizon Wireless rumors yet?

plain jane vanilla (post count restored to FULL AWESOMENESS) cpjr's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,461 Times in 1,264 Posts

Even if it is....it wont be for another 3 years since Apple has an exclusive rights deal with ATT.

Verizon was asked first before ATT to carry the iphone and they turned it down....

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by cpjr View Post
    Even if it is....it wont be for another 3 years since Apple has an exclusive rights deal with ATT.

Verizon was asked first before ATT to carry the iphone and they turned it down....
    I heard it was only until 2010

Thanks

They have a 5 year exclusive rights contract.

Thanks

^Indeed. It expires in 2012 and has a high probability of being renewed then.
    Respect your elders.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Haha then Verizon employees must be telling people lies. My dad just got a Blackberry on Verizon the other day, and asked them about the iPhone and they told him they'll be carrying it in 2010, I highly doubt that.

Super Sweet Moderator thetoothfairy's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,003 Times in 565 Posts

I have read and heard both..... you might of heard that Att wanted an extension?

"Always remember your special and unique!"

Thanks

Originally the deal was for 5 years. But now that I google it, half turns up as 2012 and half says 2010. Guess we'll find out.

I personally hate verizon anyways.

Super Sweet Moderator thetoothfairy's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,003 Times in 565 Posts

^I don't have anything against Att besides I am paying for 3G when I don't get it..... usually I keep my phone on wifi at home here.....

I didn't like Verizon's way of business as they are in a little store in the halls of our malls...... and I do not like their customer service as well... but I do like their data..... I did get more bars on my phone with them where I live and never got a dropped call....

As for Verizon.... I am glad they are learning their lesson the hard way..... they should have jumped at the offer from Apple.... their lost Att's gain....

"Always remember your special and unique!"

What's Jailbreak? demonikangel69's Avatar
    Thanks

I had heard rumors about Verizon and the iPhone before but lately they seem to be more frequent. I didn't believe them at first but now I'm not so sure anymore... It'd suck if Verizon did get it tho. IMO.

My iPhone is a Part of Me GIRLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL's Avatar
    Thanks

I hate Verizon. I'd take a smaller Sprint or T-Mobile network first.

Thanks

Verizon getting the iPhone is just wishful thinking. It won't happen. The partnership with AT&T works and I can't see Apple wanting to make a completely new iPhone that they would only be able to use on Verizon any time soon.
    I don't think it will happen in the next few years.
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

Thanks

I'm confused because one of my clients who has at&t home phone service had a tech over the other day and noticed he was using an iPhone she was saying how she's interested in the iPhone but is hesitant to leave Verizon and really we have alot of people complain about at&t out here and he said oh no ma'am I use this on Verizon see and he had the verison carrier logo according to her she saw it he said if they all bought iPhones he'd be happy to come out on the side and jailbreak them for a modest fee
    So she and I were talking at our last meeting about this as she noticed my iphone and said but I thought you use tmo blah blah wanna get her to convert but if she can't has anyone heard of unlocking in the states to verizon.
    Thanks
    Thanks to all of you @ Modmyi for all of the help you've provided
    Take a second and hit The Thanks button if someone helps you

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default It's likely that...
    .. since Verizon doesn't let you buy most useful apps, you usually rent them (you have to pay a monthly fee for each app you have) that Apple won't play ball with them.

I honestly can't see Verizon or Apple changing their business model for applications. You think people are complaining about the app store now?

LOL wait til they have to pay again every month for anything useful because they are on Verizon.

Not gonna happen. Anyone that claims they like Verizon either doesn't use apps, or doesn't know how other carriers work with regard to them. A friend of mine is a manager at Verizon. He was trying to get me to switch. I shut him down on applications.

I was like "**** that dude! I don't give a crap how good you think your network is." In reality the make it or break it is in software now on smartphones. The network is important, but not *that* important especially for devices which are much more than just phones.

I'd say I use the iPod software the most with xGPS/maps right behind that. The amount of time I spend actually texting or talking is negligible by comparison. I also use SSH and tons of other apps. On VZ's network I'd be paying over $200 a month easily. You can't even get a SSH client on the VZ Store!

ATT is good enough for me You'd have to be smoking crack to want to be on Verizon's network with a smart phone. Apple knows this and it's probably why they aren't interested.

$2.99 a month for weatherbug? Yea right...

The iPhone demographic wouldn't stand for this.

-Viz

Thanks

I would agree I'm just wondering in regards to a client

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

At first I was hoping it would go to Verizon, as they have a better network in my opinion, but after remembering how they charge for things, and they lock up phones more than apple, I'm afraid of it haha

Thanks

Verizon has the best coverage but prices are steep and they lock down their phones so badly. Most of their phones (yes, even smartphones) don't even have wifi!
    I wouldn't want it to go to Verizon. I think T-mobile would be the right choice for Apple But then again.. there's the 3G issue and I honestly don't see Apple making a special phone just for the states.

Quote Originally Posted by MREY View Post
    So she and I were talking at our last meeting about this as she noticed my iphone and said but I thought you use tmo blah blah wanna get her to convert but if she can't has anyone heard of unlocking in the states to verizon.
    Thanks
    That's impossible. Verizon is CDMA & iPhone is GSM. Unless you completely redo anything inside that has anything to do with the phone, you won't get it to work on Verizon.
    I always feel sorry for the guy in the iPhone commercials. He always gets a call right in the middle of trying to do something

Thanks

See I know all of this and that's why I'm asking you guys because it just made no sense to me at all and I figured if anyone knew it would be the folks over here.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by cpjr View Post

good thing att got it
    cuz verizon wanted a g for a deposit

Thanks

Never understood why US carriers ask for a deposit.
    In the UK they fight to get your business. If you don't pay you get cut off and, if necessary, sued. If you run up a large bill in the month they contact you - T contacted me when a phone on my account run up over 500, it turns out that when upgrading 6W'n'W they had removed one without adding the better one, soon sorted it.

Why do US carriers need deposits?
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.