+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Iphone 2g/OS 3.0 Unlocked and Jailbroken - Mail/Youtube/Facebook not working

is a discussion within the

Other Carriers (Not ATT or T-Mobile)

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
Ok, because of this great site I finally took the plunge and got a nice Iphone 2G. Unlocked/jailbroke it. I'm using it on Centennials Wireless with an unlimited web plan.
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Default Iphone 2g/OS 3.0 Unlocked and Jailbroken - Mail/Youtube/Facebook not working
    Ok, because of this great site I finally took the plunge and got a nice Iphone 2G. Unlocked/jailbroke it. I'm using it on Centennials Wireless with an unlimited web plan. Safari works great, Maps works great, Text+ and Textfree Lite work great (though I cannot seem to get a verification IM from Text+), Pandora works great. Those programs work fine over EDGE or Wifi. Apps not working on EDGE but working on Wifi are: Youtube will not work, nor will IMAP mail servers. Haven't tried to set up my Gmail or Yahoo accounts as POP. The Facebook app will also not connect.

I've searched quite a bit and tried a lot of different fixes. I'm stumped. I have my doubts about a solution, but any help would be appreciated.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

There is a Push Fix that should get YouTube working on your iPhone as it includes the YouTube Certification

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I am also on Centennial with the unlimited dataplan. I don't have any issues with YouTube or FaceBook. Text+ doesn't have Centennial Wireless in their databases yet, but I got an email from their sales rep/tech support that said it should be added towards the end of July or the beginning of August. I have POP3 and Exchange set up on my phone for my home and work email. I did have IMAP set up, but switched to Exchange for work.

I would suggest try downloading the latest Redsn0w and reflashing and try setting up as a new phone. Back up your contacts/email/call history/sms folders from user/library (or something like that) so that you can reload these after you set up as a new phone in iTunes.

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

where would i get the Push fix?